IGNORED

South Park Season 15

Guest Ultravisitor

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Donkey Rhubarb

"The president of the united states.......is a duck!" :lol: one of the best episodes in ages. As depressing as it was towards the end. Perhaps if they have already decided to end the series we might get more interesting, stronger episodes to finish on.

I liked it. They state in the episode that these are the "tween years" (2009 to 2013). Parker and Stone signed a massive contract to keep making South Park until 2013, so I guess they're going to either re-vamp it during this stage or end it as the boys finally grow up.

But is Stan going to stay a much more cynical character who will have to begin dealing with the real world? Or... I dunno, maybe it's like that shit-your-pants-South-Park-is-changing episode a few years ago and they'll revert back to normality with a fart-episode next week.

It was a very refreshing episode. The writers seem to have taken note that the show is having problems. Even when they manage to create a great episode (4 a season?) everyone is still expecting a drop in standards.

If this storyline is now the way forwards I think Stan's family will become an important counter-point, enabling the jokes to have more impact against an emotional subplot.

The audience is Stan. We've all grown up so cynical that we can't let ourselves enjoy South Park anymore.

do you suppose you might be reading too much into it?

the bit in the movie theater was hilarious

I had no idea that Adam Sandler bit was an actual film. :facepalm:

the jim carey and adam sandler movies are real lol, i found out after as well

As depressing as it was towards the end. Perhaps if they have already decided to end the series we might get more interesting, stronger episodes to finish on.

They were on The daily show this week, and commented that, despite the message people got from that episode, they had no intention of stopping south park.

They also said that they had come back to south park after having focused on getting their broadway show going. So maybe the lads were a little shell shocked from this, and so rushed a few scripts out, i dunno. Anyway, i spose i should link to the interview but it's not up on their website yet.

This might have been the funniest episode of this season so far, but it still wasn't really funny. The tooth decay stuff was annoying, Ikes crying was actually horrible to listen to and went on for too long.

Fart and queef jokes worked in their basic way, the 'tradition' bit was alright, but little else.

Maybe some of us are simply growing out of the demographic. I'm 25. When I was 18-23 I used to think that South Park would appealed to me up until I was 30 (15-30 demographic), but maybe it's more of a 15-25 thing.

I just watched the royla canadian wedding one, it was fucking great.

Do you really put yourself in "demographics"? Marketers must fucking love you.

As depressing as it was towards the end. Perhaps if they have already decided to end the series we might get more interesting, stronger episodes to finish on.

They were on The daily show this week, and commented that, despite the message people got from that episode, they had no intention of stopping south park.

They also said that they had come back to south park after having focused on getting their broadway show going. So maybe the lads were a little shell shocked from this, and so rushed a few scripts out, i dunno. Anyway, i spose i should link to the interview but it's not up on their website yet.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-june-15-2011/trey-parker---matt-stone?xrs=share_copy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When will South Park continue? Or do you have any tipps regarding similiar cartoons? And yeah, I've heard of Family Guy and all this stuff...

Archer

Beavis & Butthead

King of the Hill

Yeah right now I'm almost done with King of the Hill. I'm quite similiar to Hank, which frightens me actually :emotawesomepm9:

Also, "Bob's Pizza" is a great cartoon, though there is only one season. Very own and good humour.

One day, I would love to work for such a cartoon (though more as a writer but a musician). Anyone else who could imagine doing that?

• 3 weeks later...

Also, "Bob's Pizza" is a great cartoon, though there is only one season. Very own and good humour.

lol, how can you like the cartoon and not know that the guy sells burgers not pizza. Where you even paying attention or just entertained by the moving images and bright colour?

lol, how can you like the cartoon and not know that the guy sells burgers not pizza. Where you even paying attention or just entertained by the moving images and bright colour?

*were

Please feel free to correct spelling/grammar every time i post, it will quadruple your post count.

Anyways, New South Park was 7/10, kind of funny at time but the subject matter was too old news too care.

They don't seem as current anymore nothing is super on point it's all months out of date. I don't get it, they haven't changed the animation process so I can only imagine that they are slower at writing the episodes??

I think they might be trying to get away from doing almost-straight political commentary on whatever's in the news that week, & back to how they were in season 6-7 making ridiculous over the top poop jokes vaguely related to current events.

Works for me.

yeh watching that new episode semibaked with friends was just the best thing lol

that black woman who checked gerald's asshole was guilty pleasuring hilarious

Archived