IGNORED

South Park Season 15

Guest Ultravisitor

Guest bitroast

They don't seem as current anymore nothing is super on point it's all months out of date. I don't get it, they haven't changed the animation process so I can only imagine that they are slower at writing the episodes??

hmm. i'm feeling this as well. new stuff is alright and i'll continue watching it, but i'm not feeling it as much :\

just recently re-watched biggest douche of the universe episode. i was crying at almost every second scene, from the rob schneider is 'derp a derp' trailers, to chefs parents scuffling helping eric cartman with kennys soul, to stan becoming a tv psychic simply because john edward is such a douche.

i was about ready to applaude the episode at the end credits, with the stock photo of john edward in the background.

south park has definitely lost something for me:\ but it's still alright i guess:)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, "Bob's Pizza" is a great cartoon, though there is only one season. Very own and good humour.

lol, how can you like the cartoon and not know that the guy sells burgers not pizza. Where you even paying attention or just entertained by the moving images and bright colour?

*were

hrhr... so many colours :w00t:

often i write here from my work and that means i need to be quick, so excuse my mistake which indeed is quite strange.

about the southpark debate: maybe they want to get a bit more grown-up?

• 2 weeks later...

south park seems like its empty

that's my biggest problem with more recent seasons. In the past it felt like there were all these characters with quirky personalities, bizarre plotlines that vaguely tied into current events, & a constant barrage of jokes. Now it actually feels like something that was made in a week, with the writers going "okay, let's do, uh...*thing in the news* meets *movie*" & then struggling to fill 20 minutes with that concept.

• 5 months later...
Guest bitroast

S16 E09 Raising the Bar - was perfect.

Last week's episode was good too. But holy hell, i enjoyed Raising the Bar. watmm, get on it.

Guest nowyouknow

i stopped around season 12-13 i think.. few months ago i've tried 2 episodes from the season 14 or 15 & i didn't smile once: allways stupid gimmick episodes about the news.... common let's make some crazy shit with cartman & butters!

Last night's episode was great. It was all over the place just like South Park should be.

I like the new season.

Same here, I feel like they're still pretty damn good, even with more forgettable episodes recently. Part of the reason I started to feel the newer seasons weren't as engaging was the fact that pop culture is already so absurd that their typical parody seems redundant. Well sure enough, they addressed that in the Honey Boo-Boo episode. I actually want to watch both this episode and the sarcasm one again, and that's an urge I lacked with many episodes in season 15 and 16. They've said they'll end the show when they don't feel as motivated or proud of their work - I still hold them to that.

Guest Gary C

The sarcasm one was good, but incessant sarcasm just isn't that funny as a premise.

I haven't seen Honey Boo Boo yet, but it looks to have a much more 'South Park' premise than the safety-fication of American Football.

• 11 months later...
Guest bitroast

*bump* ^~^

"Let Go, Let Gov" is the first episode of the seventeenth season of the animated television series South Park, and the 238th episode of the series overall. The episode will debut on Comedy Central on September 25, 2013.

Guest bitroast

it is.

but im not complaining just yet. maybe the shorter run will mean a stronger focus, better quality, etc.

watching that doco '6 days to air, i can completely appreciate that it must be a complete drainer.

Anyone seen Book of Mormon?

I thought it was relentlessly hilarious and just knowing enough to appease both high and low-brow comedy fans. The songs are all catchy as fuck. Choreography at just the right level of cheesy. Pacing perfect. Characters are sharply written and the actors seemed perfectly suited.

I feel pretty safe in saying that it's the best comedy Parker and Stone have ever produced.

Anyone seen Book of Mormon?

I thought it was relentlessly hilarious and just knowing enough to appease both high and low-brow comedy fans. The songs are all catchy as fuck. Choreography at just the right level of cheesy. Pacing perfect. Characters are sharply written and the actors seemed perfectly suited.

I feel pretty safe in saying that it's the best comedy Parker and Stone have ever produced.

I can't wait to see it. I lost my shit in a hospital waiting room reading a New Yorker review of the musical.

Archived