• n/a
  4. 4. which version have you read?

• king james version
    • new american standard
    • new international version
    • douay?rheims bible
    • other
    • n/a
  5. 5. have you read any of these other sacred texts?

• mahābhārata
    • threefold lotus sutra
    • qur'an
    • tanakh
    • dianetics
    • te-tao ching
    • other
    • n/a
    • orange shart napkin from subway

Guest tht tne

i am really interested in studying the bible, and i am curious if we can discuss this peaceably

please feel free to share your insights gained by reading the bible or any other sacred text(s)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm, if the answer is no, it won't let you vote without picking a checkbox for each of the other answers. You should make an option for each question that says 'I haven't read the bible' to avoid skewing your statistics.

Guest tht tne

Umm, if the answer is no, it won't let you vote without picking a checkbox for each of the other answers. You should make an option for each question that says 'I haven't read the bible' to avoid skewing your statistics.

thanks for that! hang on

Guest hahathhat

i read a couple 'chapters' or whatever back when for school. i remember preferring sci-fi, but it kicked the crap out of jane austin.

Guest tht tne

I haven't read it but I have no particular reason not to. I feel like the Bible would be a pretty badass read so long as you read it as fiction and not non-fiction.

i have to admit some of it is repetitive and boring, but i get a lot out of it each time i read it... then again, i believe it's true

good thread.

interesting. i started really getting into the Tibetan Book of the Dead tonight.

probably should read some more of the Bible soon. Job.?

I've got The Gospel According to Jesus here, which is supposed to be a good way of cutting through the historic misrepresentation of 'his true teachings.' or something. to be honest every time I've opened it I got bored and figured to just read the Tao te Ching again instead.

the bhagavad gita deserves more than 'other', dude.

it's included in the mahābhārata

you should make that plain in the options with an edit if you can.

you should also include discordian texts but i understand if that's not possible.

I haven't read it but I have no particular reason not to. I feel like the Bible would be a pretty badass read so long as you read it as fiction and not non-fiction.

i have to admit some of it is repetitive and boring, but i get a lot out of it each time i read it... then again, i believe it's true

Read up heavily on Quantum Physics and String Theory and then tell me you still believe that religious nonsense.

Guest tht tne

you should also include discordian texts but i understand if that's not possible.

i don't think that's necessary

i don't consider discordian texts sacred either

who are you to decide what's sacred and what is not?

I sharted orange one time and all I had to wipe it with was a napkin from subway so I wiped and saw that it was orange so I saved that and it's in a ziplock bag to my immediate left as we speak. I consider that sacred, how come it's not on the list?

Guest tht tne

who are you to decide what's sacred and what is not?

you're the one foisting that on me, i merely stated that in my opinion they're not sacred... who are you to decide that, either?

I sharted orange one time and all I had to wipe it with was a napkin from subway so I wiped and saw that it was orange so I saved that and it's in a ziplock bag to my immediate left as we speak. I consider that sacred, how come it's not on the list?

dude that is pretty boombastic i think i'll add that

Guest tht tne

I'ma write a sacred text dedicated to the Goddess of the Hunt and call it Dianaetics

would that make you a "scam artemis?"

Ok well this poll makes no sense at all now. Should I still answer no to whether or not I've read the bible?

if you want to

I like to read bits and pieces of the bible from time to time. I'd never read it in one go, but I find it interesting in an atheist sort of way. Check out these gems:

John 15:13-14

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

1 Timothy 2:12

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Revelation 6:13

And the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

Ezekiel 23:19-20

Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Guest tht tne

I like to read bits and pieces of the bible from time to time. I'd never read it in one go, but I find it interesting in an atheist sort of way. Check out these gems:

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

And the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

atheists like their little jokes... you can mock anything in the world if you take it out of context... also if you believe someone is god their words have more import

atheists like their little jokes... you can mock anything in the world if you take it out of context... also if you believe someone is god their words have more import

Please tell me what context I SHOULD be reading this in, because whatever way I read it it sounds like it's about a girl lusting over huge cocks and copious amounts of semen.

Guest tht tne

Please tell me what context I SHOULD be reading this in, because whatever way I read it it sounds like it's about a girl lusting over huge cocks and copious amounts of semen.

which is perfectly natural for a woman

Archived