• n/a
  4. 4. which version have you read?

• king james version
    • new american standard
    • new international version
    • douay?rheims bible
    • other
    • n/a
  5. 5. have you read any of these other sacred texts?

• mahābhārata
    • threefold lotus sutra
    • qur'an
    • tanakh
    • dianetics
    • te-tao ching
    • other
    • n/a
    • orange shart napkin from subway

Guest tht tne

so far there has been very little discussion related to the questions posed in the poll, more like a bunch of whining over the fact that the bible owns you... how about talking about which translation you've read or whether you read cover-to-cover or piecemeal

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so far there has been very little discussion related to the questions posed in the poll, more like a bunch of whining over the fact that the bible owns you...

Maybe because you keep saying cuntish christer things like the above?

Guest glasse

so far there has been very little discussion related to the questions posed in the poll, more like a bunch of whining over the fact that the bible owns you... how about talking about which translation you've read or whether you read cover-to-cover or piecemeal

I've never read it just cover to cover. I've read through the Pentateuch in order (first 5 books) or the Epistles or something but not the entire bible. Generally I'll be doing cross referencing on a certain subject over multiple books using a searchable online site like biblegateway.

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures. "

-Bruce Campbell

so far there has been very little discussion related to the questions posed in the poll, more like a bunch of whining over the fact that the bible owns you...

yeah tht, when and where were you brainwashed into thinking that the Bible is more than myth, or more important than any other historical texts? And why did you put Dianetics into that list? It is not considered sacred by anyone except idiots.

Only thing I've read on that list is the Tao Te Ching.

The best read in the list imo, succinct yet complex, and it speaks to me more than most other 'spiritual' texts.....I would say that ancient Hindu texts are as well but since there is so much to read, which I probably never will, it is, for me, too much information to try and rationally use in one's life as a tool for spiritual understanding. The books on Yoga by Vivenkenanda are so much more helpful and comprehensive imo. The Bible is just too much information. Not enough coherent ideas that everyone can agree on, hence all of the different factions that have come about because of the Bible. It leads to confusion. Self-righteousness is in over abundance in most Christians. And the lord sayeth, "Don't be judgmental but feel like you are better than everyone else." Most modern Christians live like like Soap Operas on television: not very interesting, self-indulgent, and not relevant to society. We should live in today's society. Not the dark ages.

Guest couch

yeah tht, when and where were you brainwashed into thinking that the Bible is more than myth, or more important than any other historical texts? And why did you put Dianetics into that list? It is not considered sacred by anyone except idiots.

Only thing I've read on that list is the Tao Te Ching.

The best read in the list imo, succinct yet complex, and it speaks to me more than most other 'spiritual' texts.....I would say that ancient Hindu texts are as well but since there is so much to read, which I probably never will, it is, for me, too much information to try and rationally use in one's life as a tool for spiritual understanding. The books on Yoga by Vivenkenanda are so much more helpful and comprehensive imo. The Bible is just too much information. Not enough coherent ideas that everyone can agree on, hence all of the different factions that have come about because of the Bible. It leads to confusion. Self-righteousness is in over abundance in most Christians. And the lord sayeth, "Don't be judgmental but feel like you are better than everyone else." Most modern Christians live like like Soap Operas on television: not very interesting, self-indulgent, and not relevant to society. We should live in today's society. Not the dark ages.

I read it along with the Bhagavad Gita. Dunno enough about the Bible to comment on it so I'll keep out of that topic.

it's just more complex then we can understand without other pieces of information that come first (prerequisites), science is like that too.

just like school or anything else on this small planet, in this small universe, one thing before the other and so on..

edit: one sum adds to the other and it slowly builds but you can't just jump ahead, it's impossible. do you follow me?

although i understand your very first grade logic, as linearity is the nature of the spacial dimension which we inhabit and perceive, such logic is completely irrelevant once one is actually aware of the 'other' in their lives, which is only one well-willed crack of the back away, not solely reserved for those who choose to live their lives based on the teachings presented to them in any old written account of 'god's word', most likely defiled to smithereens throughout the course of history, do you follow?

you would be surprised what is still in that book and how important it is. we need a criterion, but it is only logical for those who do not follow the rules to discredit any that are present to them that conflict with their wishes.

(thats one of the reasons eastern beliefs are becoming so popular in the west is because they allow one to move more freely, to engage in 'earthly things', but even in eastern belief there have been more stringent rules that

have been slowly watered down over time just the same, all texts have been changed to degree) most of the actions and events in the bible throw people off, it's the simple rules 'behind' the words and their progression

within the book that is most important, absolute purity came first and so on.. its a chronicle, an example of what has happened up until this very second and every detail of the bad actions is there not for excuse but

rather for us to learn from as contrast.

the simple problem is that we like what we have built all around us now and even if it conflicts with simple moral framework we are apt to disregard that framework because

we prefer what we want, we are addicted to it like any other drug. all things in which we partake in have a lineage and effect other things. if that process is not entirely

'clean' or at least primarily clean then we get whats going on in the world today. it's that simple.

people don't like authority and even if it is the most genuine and pure form of it (like christ or buddha) there seems to be a majority in here (the earth) that will thwart it.

the path of least casualty, the harmless path it is called (eastern). do un to others as you would have done to you and the others are not just human beings, they are

all living things, harmlessness has no limit, we can pursue it as deeply as we care to. purity and perfection also have no limit, they are eternal and infinite, we

impose the limits with our fear and our inability to work together under our same rules for the common good, the rules are in fact the same for all

human beings.

rules simple - following them hard - work together, anything is possible

Archived