IGNORED

"Bout 2 kill ma kid"

Guest rumbo

Guest rumbo

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/bout-2-kill-ma-kid-guilty-fathers-chilling-facebook-updates-20110504-1e7g9.html

A man who murdered his two-year-old daughter last year posted Facebook updates about his crime, a Melbourne court has learnt.

Ramazan Acar this morning pleaded guilty to the murder of his daughter Yazmina in November last year.

Police, in their summary of the case, said Acar accessed his Facebook page via his mobile phone to post updates.

Yazmina Acar was stabbed more than once.

One, at 7.23pm, read: "Bout 2 kill ma kid". Later, at 7.34pm, he posted: "Pay bk u slut".

Earlier, Yazmina's mother, Rachelle D'Argent, had received text messages from Acar. One read: "U wanted to convert ma kid do it u wanted to lock me up I did it u wanted 2 b indapendant do it u take full custody do it u wana kill me il do it wat eva makes u happy nw tel me" (sic).

Another, sent at 7.32pm, read: "It's ova I did it."

Later, Acar sent Ms D'Argent more text messages: "I h8t you" and "She's in heaven I feel lyk shit".

At 11.20pm, Acar updated his Facebook status to read: "I lv u mimi". (Mimi was a pet name for Yazmina used by her family.)

I'm having second thoughts about the death penalty. I am against it on principle, but feel that where crimes against children are involved it is a special circumstance.

The notion that someone who has made it through life to adulthood, where their self-determination and independence allows them to prosper (if they so choose), would end the life of a defenseless child and deny them that chance is reprehensible.

I know that the US has the death penalty, so I guess the question for you is whether its use should be limited. But for we in the UK, Europe and other Commonwealth countries, it was abolished long ago. Should it be reintroduced for special circumstances such as crimes against children?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

I'm having second thoughts about the death penalty. I am against it on principle, but feel that where crimes against children are involved it is a special circumstance.

I don't think so. It may be a more reprehensible crime, but nothing justifies the death penalty as far as I'm concerned. Not even being a member of the monarchy.

nothing justifies the death penalty as far as I'm concerned.

not even his atrocious grammar?

Nope.

^

And I have trouble to understand how the life of a child is worth more than that of an adult. Sounds like instincts to me.

I've never been really allthat opposed to the death penalty as a proper punishment for certain crimes. I've been in the mindset that those who commit heinous crimes towards children should be put to death, wether it be violence or pedophelia...

Man, I'm feeling really American right now. I acknowledge that the death penalty should only be given after an overwhelming burden of proof has been achieved because it is true that we have a problem of people innocent of their charges being killed. However, since I believe that rehabilitation by prison is a rare event and that taxpayer burden for a prisoner is annoying, executions make sense.

how many people would be executed versus the prison population of america?

justice system is flawed, yada yada, but as far as i see it (i am canadian so feel free to ignore me) we don't need to imprison folks for stupid crimes. we also don't need to kill people. i would welcome death if i knew i'd be subjected to hell before i even fucking got there.

Man, I'm feeling really American right now. I acknowledge that the death penalty should only be given after an overwhelming burden of proof has been achieved because it is true that we have a problem of people innocent of their charges being killed. However, since I believe that rehabilitation by prison is a rare event and that taxpayer burden for a prisoner is annoying, executions make sense.

I worked in the prison system for about a year, and lemme tell you: there isn't even a minor focus on rehabilitation anymore. It's a joke. You're basically expected to find god, and that's about it. There really aren't that many programs available for enrichment or rehabilitation beyond that.

Had an elderly female client (she got sucked into a biker gang by her boyfriend 40 years prior, and drove a robbery getaway car for him because he was going to beat the shit out of her otherwise, like he did every other day, but oops, the old guy that they robbed died and FELONY MURDER RULE they all go to prison. The one who actually did the killing, mind you, got a much easier sentence than my client) who basically went the last 10 years of her sentence living a quite, peaceful existence without any warnings or citations, and at her parole hearing--her third, I think, the DA made the argument that since she had no recent warnings on her record, she had demonstrated that she had a malleable personality and would do whatever anyone told her and therefore still presents a risk to the public. Not kidding. I won the parole hearing, got her out, but Gov. Schwarzenegger reversed and kept her in.

Guest rumbo

To punish his wife, a man takes a knife and stabs his 2 year old daughter multiple times and dumps her body in grassland. During this, he updates his facebook page with running commentary.

I think you're right that instinct is causing me to have second thoughts about punishing him with death. Hypothetically, if I were to actually catch him in he act of murdering his toddler, I have no doubt that I would mete out extreme violence on him. That would be raw undeniable (and perhaps uncontrollable) instinct.

This story got to me. The callousness is horrific.

I understand your anger. But anger and an urge for revenge should not be a factor in a justice system imo. The system is there to keep people safe and rehabilitate/reform offenders (however hard that may be), not to satisfy revenge.

Guest rumbo

I understand your anger. But anger and an urge for revenge should not be a factor in a justice system imo. The system is there to keep people safe and rehabilitate/reform offenders (however hard that may be), not to satisfy revenge.

I agree. But I don't think revenge is the right way to describe it. There is no satisfaction involved.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

she's probably better off dead than growing up with him as a father.

Let him rot in prison for the rest of his life. He doesn't deserve the easy way out (death penalty). Once the inmates find out he killed a 2-year old, his asshole will be mush.

Guest tv_party

Let him rot in prison for the rest of his life. He doesn't deserve the easy way out (death penalty). Once the inmates find out he killed a 2-year old, his asshole will be mush.

good point. the guy will probably wish he was dead and may very well end up so anyway.

Guest Z_B_Z

I worked in the prison system for about a year, and lemme tell you: there isn't even a minor focus on rehabilitation anymore. It's a joke. You're basically expected to find god, and that's about it. There really aren't that many programs available for enrichment or rehabilitation beyond that.

Had an elderly female client (she got sucked into a biker gang by her boyfriend 40 years prior, and drove a robbery getaway car for him because he was going to beat the shit out of her otherwise, like he did every other day, but oops, the old guy that they robbed died and FELONY MURDER RULE they all go to prison. The one who actually did the killing, mind you, got a much easier sentence than my client) who basically went the last 10 years of her sentence living a quite, peaceful existence without any warnings or citations, and at her parole hearing--her third, I think, the DA made the argument that since she had no recent warnings on her record, she had demonstrated that she had a malleable personality and would do whatever anyone told her and therefore still presents a risk to the public. Not kidding. I won the parole hearing, got her out, but Gov. Schwarzenegger reversed and kept her in.

jesus christ thats depressing. i could not be a lawyer. for one thing i dont have the discipline, and for another i couldnt deal with irrationality like this and accept it. crushing.

the u.s. prison system is FUCKED, and incarceration rates continue to steadily rise. prisons are good business.

Guest Z_B_Z

having said that tho, the guy killing his kid is fucking disgusting. he deserves to die in prison. some people can not be rehabilitated.

Guest Z_B_Z

i think the state has no business killing people, no matter what the crime is. the chance of even one innocent man being executed makes it not worth it. plus killing murderers solves absolutely nothing.

Archived