IGNORED

Need good Android apps!

thehauntingsoul

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Adjective

So it's a mirage to torture me.

Oh well it was free, maybe someone will figure out tiny touch friendly tracker.

I did try nanoloop though and that's really nice.

I don't think I ever got a handle on nanoloop then. It was interesting for three or four, 30 second, acid-like tracks during my lunch-hour. Music-making is not for phones. It's just too small and fiddly.

nanoloop is good, but i feel like it's only the beginning in terms of what should be possible. music making on the touchscreen really needs a new ui paradigm. realtime recording of tapping, sliding, etc, should all be vital to the composing process... it's hard to be accurate with your initial touch, but once your finger is on the screen, it's easy to fine-tune by moving it this way or that... anything that can take advantage of this is a good start.

i'd love to make a music app, but there doesn't seem to be any money in it. the nanoloop guy has at most made about $10k based on the download stats. probably less.

nanoloop is good, but i feel like it's only the beginning in terms of what should be possible. music making on the touchscreen really needs a new ui paradigm. realtime recording of tapping, sliding, etc, should all be vital to the composing process... it's hard to be accurate with your initial touch, but once your finger is on the screen, it's easy to fine-tune by moving it this way or that... anything that can take advantage of this is a good start.

Exactly.

Guest Helper ET

im looking for an app that can track my every move, send me emergency government messages, watch me through the camera, and listen in on all my conversations. is there any app that can do this?

im looking for an app that can track my every move, send me emergency government messages, watch me through the camera, and listen in on all my conversations. is there any app that can do this?

yes no maybe

• 5 months later...

So I got me on of them there smart phones (for free). Samsung Galaxy Ace, running 2.3.4.

Been messing about with it a bit, some questions. One caveat - I don't use 3G, only wifi (since I am still a broke(backmountain) ass student, I need to keep my expenditures minimal).

I use firefox pretty much exclusively on the lappy, but it seems like DolphinHD is the browser of choice for android? any comments?

Also, I need a decent image manipulation app - just the basics, like rotating, basic cropping.

I grabbed ethereal dialpad yesterday based on this thread, loving it.

Cheap is good, free is better!

Guest Adjective

Posting in dolphin right now, I like it but I haven't tried others, besides stock.

Camera app I've been playing with : Fv5

Growing fond of noisey phone photos

Guest disparaissant

i like instagram because i am a horrible person

i also got camerazoom fx back when it was like $.25 in the PLAY STORE or whatever

worth a quarter, at least. not bad. i just think instagram is more fun. sets boundaries or w/e.

dolphin is the best. tried chrome and it just plain doesn't work on older/slower phones. at all.

Instagram is the demon's spawn! lol just kidding - I will actually get that, cause it's free and fuck it, it's neat.

Looks like dolphin it is.

Guest disparaissant

oh yeah audiotool sketch is p cool if yuo have ICS

its a 303, 808 and 909 and works pretty well.

so are some of the synths made by nick copeland (i think his name is) those are worth a couple bucks.

Yeah this badbwoy is on 2.3.4 so..i think thats gingerbread? Don't think my carrier plans to upgrade, especially since the galaxy ace 2 is coming out soonish, which I imagine will run ICS.

Have no desire to get into custom roms either, as i spent enough time fucking around with my ipod touch.

Yeah this badbwoy is on 2.3.4 so..i think thats gingerbread? Don't think my carrier plans to upgrade, especially since the galaxy ace 2 is coming out soonish, which I imagine will run ICS.

Have no desire to get into custom roms either, as i spent enough time fucking around with my ipod touch.

There's an ace 2. Cool, as usual i bought too early ( had no choice the sony/ericsson was gone/bless it) I like the fact that that phone (ace) is smaller than the usual smartphone. Don't like the mic though, it doesn't get the bass in my beatboksening.