IGNORED

Need good Android apps!

thehauntingsoul

I don't think the Ace2 is out yet. So don't worry, or if it is, it's just barely come out.

No bass on the shitty mono mic in your smartphone? See first world problems thread.

futuregirlfriend: amazon!! :cerious::cisfor:

No bass on the shitty mono mic in your smartphone? See first world problems thread.

Hah, but my iriver from way back, still performs the job admirably. The interface from the phone is just more functional and the speakers are louder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Gary C

I think this app (and network) might finally encourage me to start cycling more.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=endomondo&c=apps

http://www.endomondo.com

Edit: It actually incorporates pretty much every sort of sport/exercise, so it could be a pretty militant way of recording your overall fitness progress. Mostly, I'm going to use the 'friends' aspect to make exercising in general a game and try to beat them.

Something like Achievement Points would probably make exercising addictive as fuck, but then I guess there's no way of stopping people just leaving it on during a long drive or flight and making crazy statistics for themselves.

Edited by Gary C

I only use it to find the most efficient way to walk to places cos I'm lazy. I also like to put it on durring train journeys to make it think I'm some kind of super hero.

Got gingersnap which is cyanegenmod7 or something.

Just to clear things up: Gingersnap is the app that gives you root access (I used unrevoked), this then allows you to flash custom firmware (for example Cyanogenmod). But yeah it goes make things snappier - though be careful sometimes a later version does slow things a touch on older phones. I recently upgraded to 7.2.0.1 on my HTC Desire but it ended up taking ages to boot (plus lost the ability to move stuff to the EXT partition) so then downgraded to 7.0.3 and all was good again !

Got gingersnap which is cyanegenmod7 or something.

Just to clear things up: Gingersnap is the app that gives you root access (I used unrevoked), this then allows you to flash custom firmware (for example Cyanogenmod). But yeah it goes make things snappier - though be careful sometimes a later version does slow things a touch on older phones. I recently upgraded to 7.2.0.1 on my HTC Desire but it ended up taking ages to boot (plus lost the ability to move stuff to the EXT partition) so then downgraded to 7.0.3 and all was good again !

ah ok

I used UnlockRoot23 or something to root the phone, then downloaded Gingersnap 1.4 ROM

tbh I didnt really know what I was doing for most of it but it all worked out in the end

also I'm really enjoying the Dolphin browser. thanks to whoever mentioned that one

Actually ignore me I'm talking rubbish - Confusingly there appears to be both a rooting tool called Gingersnap (little 's') AND a custom rom called GingerSnap (big 'S')

And yeah Dolphin Browser is great, it's become my default browser too !

• 10 years later...

shit, there was goseek, a version of soulseek for android but it stopped working like 4 or 5 years ago...

today i member to search for something similar and surprise surprise, there is, it's called seeker and you can get it for free on play store... (it uses the same old slsk servers)

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Burger 1

apps:

• vlc player
  • android RC - remote control that I use to control BS.Player on my pc... Bluetooth or Wi-Fi... It also works with winamp etc...
  • YouTube Vanced - youtube with no adds...
  • automatic scroll - auto scroll everything, perfect to read your facebook feed while eating...
  • eversync - most android browsers have shitty bookmarks interface... copy/paste, rename etc are a pain in the ass... with eversync you have basically a bookmark interface like most desktop browsers have...
  • flud - forget utorrent and alikes, flud is where it's at...
  • hacker's keyboard - got it mostly for watmm... why? because with my normal keyboard I cannot delete quotes or emojis with the backspace key...
  • snapseed - best free alternative to adobe lightroom...

• 8 months later...

Shooty Skies

turn the sound off and play some afx in the background... really shame that the music and fx are togheter in the same track so u cannot have just the fx without the music... but there's not that much music so...