IGNORED

Death Grips

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I can't make up my mind about Death Grips, on one hand I like the raw lo-fi aggression of the beats and "Guillotine" gets stuck in my head from time to time, on the other lyrically it doesn't seem to be saying much or going anywhere... which ends up making it a lot of just noise to be noisy which gets a bit tiresome. Maybe I'll have to sit and give the album a full listen through and I'll realize something I'm not hearing upon just watching the vids

I can't make up my mind about Death Grips, on one hand I like the raw lo-fi aggression of the beats and "Guillotine" gets stuck in my head from time to time, on the other lyrically it doesn't seem to be saying much or going anywhere... which ends up making it a lot of just noise to be noisy which gets a bit tiresome. Maybe I'll have to sit and give the album a full listen through and I'll realize something I'm not hearing upon just watching the vids

this is how i feel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest AcrossCanyons

I just read that Death Grips are going to be releasing some free music for Adult Swim. that headline is kind of misleading, for a second I thought FlyLo and Death Grips were actually going to be working together.

that headline got me too. fuck i got excited.

Great Band™. Was excited to see them in Cambridge until they cancelled the tour. Listen to The Money Store while driving really fast careening around narrow, winding roads. I do recommend that.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am loving the intensity of Steroids, somehow they keep pushing it farther every time.

I was lucky enough to see them live once and it was transcendent. I have been utterly obsessed ever since.

I'm sure the sound is crucial to enjoying them in person. It is a sonic overload. My memory of the show blurs together in this weird way that feels supernatural. Luckily i saw them at First Avenue in Minnesota. In recent years they apparently overhauled their whole system to some top of the line gear. 

FINALLY coming around to DG. always hated the vocals so the instrumental versions were very appreciated -because of that i havent listened to a proper DG album since the one with the bjork samples and I wasnt into that.

BUT i just fell into The Money Store and im loving it. hehe better late than sorry

'The Money Store' seems like the place to start. 'The one with the bjork samples' is the weakest in my opinion.

I think 'No Love Deep Web' was the second one that hooked me.

The Jenny Death half of Powers That B and Bottomless Pit are both really good but The Money Store is just super duper.

• 3 weeks later...