IGNORED

Incredible music from Africa

chaosmachine

After listen so many african musics, here are some of my favourites, not posted before:

==> Above all, Jali Musa Jawara "Yasimika" (1983): you can't even guess how deep and magic this kind of...psychedelic folk from Guinea is. Just listen to it!

==> Toumani Diabate, from Mali

==> Ebo Taylor, master soul/funk from Ghana:

==> Tlahoun Gèssèssè, from Ethiopia

==> The Funkees, from Nigeria

Super sweet stuff.

:music:

I love the music but I can't deal with those vocals at all! Damn!
I was also thrown off by the vocals when i first discovered music from Senegal but the instrumentals are so awesome that i just kept with it and I'm now im very grateful that i did...

Lately I've been thinking about doing some edits and actually release them independently but i guess that would be disrespectful to the music and to the artists themselves... Gonna start a thread about it and see what everybody else thinks...

That song is from an unreleased album that a facebook friend got directly from one member of the band when he was in gambia. If you guys want it i can upload it somewhere when i have acess to wifi, just pm me if you do...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

After listen so many african musics, here are some of my favourites, not posted before:

==> Above all, Jali Musa Jawara "Yasimika" (1983): you can't even guess how deep and magic this kind of...psychedelic folk from Guinea is. Just listen to it!

==> Toumani Diabate, from Mali

==> Ebo Taylor, master soul/funk from Ghana:

==> Tlahoun Gèssèssè, from Ethiopia

==> The Funkees, from Nigeria

good stuff

Edited by darreichungsform

Not directly from Africa since they had all emigrated to the UK when they formed the band, but I'vve been a big fan of Demon Fuzz for a long time.

The middle section that starts at 2:20 in this, in particular:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...