IGNORED

Favourite Books

halisray

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think you're both romance-novel readin, womern defendin, tea-sippin, 19th century lovin sissies :nelson:

now i feel bad for saying that

god i'm such a sissy

The Road (Cormack McCarthy) - everyone seems to know this one, and with good reason.

To the White Sea (James Dickey) - most excellent story about an american pilot surviving in enemy territory (japan) during WWII

The Mission Of Art (Alex Grey) - a very enlightened and information/philosophy rich outline of why Art is

The Prophet (Kahlil Gibran) - everyone should know this one. a classic spiritual tale that made me cry the first time i read it.

the Art of War (Sun Tzu) - another classic comparing the finer details of war strategy with every day life philosophies.

Flatland (Edwin Abbott Abbot) - famous book dealing with perspective, really strange and fun. changes the way your brain works.

yeah, i listed six. got carried away.

Yes you should read it. It's an important book. It's not exactly an easy read but it's not Chapman's Homer either.

Archived