IGNORED

what's the best free email?

jules

so my main email is gone due to me not renewing my domain/site account. I read and hear a lot of horror stories about gmail. any suggestions for a good one?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay away from Hotmail is all I can say. A fucking nightmare which I guess should be expected. I just can't be arsed to change EVERYTHING to a new address. Used to use Lycos which was great until the bastards shipped my to Hotmail.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Any (many?) of the gmail complaints could be universal email complaints that probably occur more often with hotmail etc to be honest. I'm also a gmail user - no problems since it began.

Guest illfly mandog

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but when gmail MAKES you give them your number so they can call you to give you your activation code, I feel like my position is being triangulated...

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but when gmail MAKES you give them your number so they can call you to give you your activation code, I feel like my position is being triangulated...

they dont force you, you dont have to sign up for that second level of security, how else do you expect to auth something?

so my main email is gone due to me not renewing my domain/site account. I read and hear a lot of horror stories about gmail. any suggestions for a good one?

Gmail - by far the safest and best. Been using it since the private invite all those years ago.

Guest Gary C

Stay away from Hotmail is all I can say. A fucking nightmare which I guess should be expected. I just can't be arsed to change EVERYTHING to a new address. Used to use Lycos which was great until the bastards shipped my to Hotmail.

Auto-forward?

Guest uptown devil

I've been using the same gmail account since it came out, and I have no complaints.

Guest disparaissant

yeah i haven't given gmail my phone number and i have like 12 gmail accounts for some stupid reason.

Guest illfly mandog
they dont force you, you dont have to sign up for that second level of security, how else do you expect to auth something?

How long have you had your account? I just got mine a month or so ago. There was no second level anything for me. Just to get an account I had to give them my number.

Couldn't I use another email to auth? For people who don't have another, couldn't they use a captcha?

How long have you had your account? I just got mine a month or so ago. There was no second level anything for me. Just to get an account I had to give them my number.

Couldn't I use another email to auth? For people who don't have another, couldn't they use a captcha?

I just signed up for another gmail account 5 minutes ago, didn't have to give them a number.

Archived