IGNORED

Open source picture editor

spratters

I just found a picture which I fancied fucking about with to piss someone I know right off. Had a look around at what I could use to do a bit of playing about with it only to find that I have no decent editor. I did have a good open source one a while ago on my old computer which I remember to be fairly decent. I can't remember what the name was but I'm sure it was something of a stupid name. Like fud, blam, foom or something but I can't remember.

What are your recommendations? Money's non-existant at the moment so an open source contender would be great.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

I still get vastly confused by The Gimp. I guess I should read a book on it. I've seen them around in quite a few bookstores near me. But, as soon as you get around its quirks, it's more than you'll probably need. I don't know your requirements though. I recall reading about a few professional shops using it a while back.

I still get vastly confused by The Gimp. I guess I should read a book on it. I've seen them around in quite a few bookstores near me. But, as soon as you get around its quirks, it's more than you'll probably need. I don't know your requirements though. I recall reading about a few professional shops using it a while back.

Same here, I've been using Photoshop forever and feel like a retard in Gimp. Everything's different, the way the layers work, the way you select and move stuff, it all feels backwards if you're used to Photoshop.

It works though and is probably the most feature-complete alternative.

Paint.net ( http://www.getpaint.net/ ) if you want a free much-better-than-paint-but-not-quite-photoshop image editor. And Sumo Paint ( http://www.sumopaint.com/home/ ) if you want a free online nearly-as-good-as-photoshop-impressive-bit-of-flash-programming image editor.

good infoz, thx.

yeah paint.net is pretty cool and just loads up fast without pissing about

I use the gimp. When there's something that i rarely wants to edit and needs a free program. I've installed, it 2-3 times now for this very reason. heh.

theres a project called gimpshop that trys to make the interface of gimp more like photoshop.

Yeah but it's a fork of Gimp 2.2.11 (over 4 years old) and development is dead. Some ass hijacked the gimpshop domain and development has ceased ever since.

Cool, I'll get hold of Gimp andtry the online ones. I don't need a massive amount of tools really. Just basic image manipulation really. I've also gotta get a web/app server downloaded to tinker with this afternoon. Possibly Zeus or a Sun one.

Exciting stuff gwarnin' today.

Archived