IGNORED

neuromancer movie rumors (again).

chaosmachine

William Gibson's visionary 1984 novel "Neuromancer," which presaged much of the wired world we now take for granted and coined the term "cyberspace," may finally be coming to the screen.

Slashfilm reports that sales rights were secured at the Cannes Film Festival, currently underway in France, and filming will begin in 2012 in Canada, Istanbul, Tokyo and London. Visual-effects work already has begun.

link

In other news, am I the first person to realize "Ono Sendai" is just the phrase "Oh no, send AI"? Google turns up no hits.

Yeah, color me . . . cautiously optimistic?

Check out this interview w/the Director regarding adapting Neuroumancer. He seems to be approaching it from the right perspective - I don't know, I never saw Splice, but heard good things about it.

Suppose at this point we have to just accept that Cunningham will never actually make a feature film, at least until after his album drops . . . in 2075

Splice sucked. It was a short film idea blown up to movie size. Unfortunately they hadn't gotten round to writing anything to fill that space beyond tired b-movie cliché. Which left me so disappointed as the snippets promised much.

LOL i didn't even know about "Spook Country". Maybe I'll pick those up since my course work is pretty slack right now.

Archived