IGNORED

WHO HERE LIKES TO PLAY METROID ON NES

Guest hahathhat

in the old days, we mapped out metroid by hand on the back of a roll of wrapping paper left over from christmas. tunnels, elevators, bosses, entire levels carefully drawn up in pencil. and our save codes scrawled in the blanks, some circled, some crossed out...

Guest hahathhat

in the old days, we mapped out metroid by hand on the back of a roll of wrapping paper left over from christmas. tunnels, elevators, bosses, entire levels carefully drawn up in pencil. and our save codes scrawled in the blanks, some circled, some crossed out...

i'm envious. i never got that hardcore into it. but i always did love it.

Guest hahathhat

i had nintendo (edit: NES). then i had a computer. then i had n64.

never had a lot of carts either! cheapass parents. but i did get the computer

Nintendo will never make another decent Metroid game. :cry:

the gba metroids were good. would play another one of those any day.

As I said...

The GameCube Metroid games were lame (IMO), and the latest Wii outing, is just an embarrassment.

blasphemy.....metroid prime was fantastic...i was a skeptic of a 3d first-person metroid....that didnt last long after playing it...i dunno what the sequels are like though.

my parents bought me a NES when it first came out, because literally would not shut the fuck up about it for weeks, it came bundled with duck hunt, teenage mutant ninja turtles and super mario brothers. best christmas of my life.

Super Metroid is my fav...

Metroid Prime was the perfect 3D update.

Metroid Prime 2... lost it a little.

Metroid Prime 3 complete and utter :facepalm:

Started playing Other M lately. I was skeptical, because I thought the amount of voice over and cut scenes and the fact that you work with a team would take away the mystery of her, and make her seem less independent and stuff.

But actually... it retains the feel of Super Metroid MUCH better than any of the Prime games. Her interactions with the team actually intensifies her "lone wolf" attitude... she seems so reluctant to work with them, like she's constantly in her own head with her own agenda. Yeah it fleshes out her character more but it's doing it in a way that I imagined her anyway.

The gameplay is different but in a good way. Unlike the Zelda series which is just EXACTLY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN, Metroid is actually evolving. The only silly thing is that she's got all these abilities but doesn't turn them on unless someone tells her to! Like I was running around in a super heated Norfair-esque environment, losing health as I walk around, and not until I get a message on the intercom saying "Samus, switch to your varia suit" does she actually do it! THAT MAKES NO SENSE! She's not an idiot! She just used it only a few months ago or something in the events of Super Metroid!

Also the handy cam effect in the cut scenes is rediculously over the top.

Not without it's flaws but still really good I reckon.

Guest hahathhat

my parents bought me a NES when it first came out, because literally would not shut the fuck up about it for weeks, it came bundled with duck hunt, teenage mutant ninja turtles and super mario brothers. best christmas of my life.

i got my first console, an NES, when i was 6.

my eyesight went about eighteen months later. been nearsighted since

Super Metroid is my fav...

...ourite game of all time - I've lost count the number of times I've completed this absolute perfection of a game.

Guest Sprigg

Super Metroid is definitely my favourite, closely followed by Metroid Prime. Other M can piss off, however.

metroid zero mission for the GBA is really good too. It remakes the 1st metroid, but it's way better. Super Metroid is one of the best games ever though.

zero mission even includes original metroid as an unlockable game - it's way harder, too

Archived