IGNORED

What's next for Luke Vibert?

Snickerfritz

So, we got Amen Andrews coming out soon somebody said, any details on that? What else? Keep 'em comin'.

Yeah, it was posted on FaltyDL's tumblr

0LvDiBO.png

And what else, he just released a new Nuggets album, a full/length and a killer EP. I'm quite satisfied with that :) anyway, there is still that talked about Planet Mu album that is in limbo. He's 'headlining' some Planet Mu gig in London in june, so that must mean something.

edit: also, back in 2008 I asked him where his next release would come out on, and he said Rephlex. It was probably that third Kerrier District that he released elsewhere, or maybe that is still coming too lol.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any samples for the Amen Andrews?

do you guys remember the warp release that was slated for 2004? that never happened? there was a warp dj radio set that previewed some tracks that were on it- a couple tracks eventually found there way onto other releases - Sloth Gets Paid, and My Lonely Scene, but there were a couple other tracks " Sea Bass" and one other ... good shit too... Luke is sitting on a ton of stuff, I know we've been spoiled by his huge output, but, I, for one want more.

Yeah I remember those plans. Same with the Vibert album upcoming on Planet Mu that Luke himself announced in an interview last year. Although I still have hopes that one will come out in 2014 or so.

Any recordings of that Warp radio show by any chance?

Yes I have that show, on my old laptop which has no power source at the moment.

it also contains an alternate remix of Ventolin- it was, unfortunately, recorded at really low quality.

I'll upload it when I get my power supply issue sorted.

Oh yeah, thanks to think me for that, please. Thank you so much in advance! ;-)

So:

- Wagon Christ album on Ninja Tune
- Vibert album on Planet Mu
- Hypercolour EP
- Amen Andrews EP on Blueberry Records

This is fucking incredible! If it's all coming out in 2014 then 2013 will easily bite the dust.

• 1 month later...

So:

- Hypercolour EP

This is fucking incredible! If it's all coming out in 2014 then 2013 will easily bite the dust.

I don't think there will be a vibert album on mu unfortunately. We just got ridmik, he wouldn't release 2 in one year would he?

Wagonchrist would be great. Did we hear a rumor of that somewhere?

more plug / amen andrews please

hopefully less of the formulaic exotica breaks stuff. think i get the point now luke cheers

So:

- Hypercolour EP

I don't think there will be a vibert album on mu unfortunately. We just got ridmik, he wouldn't release 2 in one year would he?

Herr Jan (Fah?) heard vibert say "new wagon christ [not shit from an anus] imminent" in a recent mix/interview..

So:

- Hypercolour EP

Herr Jan (Fah?) heard vibert say "new wagon christ [not shit from an anus] imminent" in a recent mix/interview..

Sorry, not Fah :) he does have an account here, but that's not me.

And yes, check the other thread in the Vibert forum I created about the radio show / interview ( http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83461-luke-vibert-live-mix-phone-interview-09-05-14/ ) , he talks about his upcoming stuff. He played new tracks that will be another EP on Hypercolour, he spoke of another Wagon Christ album coming up asap.

The Planet Mu album has been talked about in a couple interviews and was postponed for a few years now (it was planned for 2011/2012 iirc), it could be this year but I wouldn't be suprised if it'll be released in 2015, because of the reasons you mention Stephen.

I'm betting on the Amen Andrews being the first of the lot, or the Hypercolour EP. Let's see :)!

So:

- Hypercolour EP

And yes, check the other thread in the Vibert forum I created about the radio show / interview ( http://forum.watmm.com/topic/83461-luke-vibert-live-mix-phone-interview-09-05-14/ ) , he talks about his upcoming stuff. He played new tracks that will be another EP on Hypercolour, he spoke of another Wagon Christ album coming up asap.

The Planet Mu album has been talked about in a couple interviews and was postponed for a few years now (it was planned for 2011/2012 iirc), it could be this year but I wouldn't be suprised if it'll be released in 2015, because of the reasons you mention Stephen.

I'm betting on the Amen Andrews being the first of the lot, or the Hypercolour EP. Let's see :)!

I'm guessing the Amen Andrews IS the hypercolour EP, no?

This is great news, love me some wagonchrist. That's my favorite moniker of his, actually...

So:

- Hypercolour EP

I'm guessing the Amen Andrews IS the hypercolour EP, no?

This is great news, love me some wagonchrist. That's my favorite moniker of his, actually...

The Amen Andrews was planned for Blueberry Records / FaltyDL's label, he posted a release schedule on his blog a few months ago. The first one was the Luke Warm EP, the sixth one was the Amen Andrews. I think he just released #3 or 4, so it's getting close :)

That new Hypercolour release is probably more in the style of Ridmik. You can listen a track of that upcoming stuff (it's just me speculating about an EP, could be an album or something but I don't think so) here:

Yeah, WC is my fave too I guess (maybe Plug as well). It's a shame that so many labels don't pick up on his slow hiphoppy / Wagon Christ-ish tracks, that is were the gold is! Hypercolour, Warp, Rephlex, Planet Mu and even Ninja Tune want his 'faster' tracks more and I can´t understand why.

No sorry, you're absolutely right. I was mistaking hypercolour and blueberry. My bad! We can only hope that all this is going to actually happen this year!

2014 might be another record year if the Aphex materializes as well

hey vibert I'll release your slow hip-hoppy tracks

spacefin records, new label

Great idea, get in touch, guys! Vibert revisiting his Big Soup/Throbbing Pouch period with a 2014 production. How cool would that be, eh.

"Breaking news: WATTMMers promote new Kickstarter project to release ALL of famous electronic music artist Luke Vibert's personal library of music during the next 10 years. The project, officially accepted by Vibert, intends on making unreleased material from 1992 to 2014 available to the fans in chronological order."

Dreams sometimes come true.

My favorite are rather Plug & Amen Andrews... I like Wagon Christ, all Wagon Christ albums & EPs, but the first ones, i listen them a lot of

Ridmik & Instant Vibe are great! love them!

But Hypercolour EP? What? or i'm retarded... :blink:

hypercolour is the label. EP is yet to be announced/named

My favorite are rather Plug & Amen Andrews... I like Wagon Christ, all Wagon Christ albums & EPs, but the first ones, i listen them a lot of

Ridmik & Instant Vibe are great! love them!

But Hypercolour EP? What? or i'm retarded... :blink:

hypercolour is the label. EP is yet to be announced/named

thanks! ;-)

• 2 months later...

For those of you who are curious about what tunes Luke might put on his forthcoming Jungle EP(?) on Blueberry Records you could do worse than to check out Luke's set from Atlantis in Vancouver 2003. Not only is it a mindblowing set rammed exclusively with tunes by Luke (why doesn't he ever do this any more?), but there's at least 6 unreleased Jungle bangers in there and they are all mind bogglingly good, I'd forgotten what a great set it is because it's from so long ago.

I can't exactly remember the unreleased Jungle tunes I heard 2 years ago but I'm pretty certain some of these featured. Here are YouTube links to the parts with the Jungle, it starts about 9:30 into part 2 (but you should really check out the whole set, he's on fine form). There's one or two you'll recognise but the majority are currently unreleased. If they are the tunes for this EP it's criminal that they've taken so long to surface, they're already 11 years old at least, but I'm still mighty glad they may finally see the light of day. Imagine what he's produced since then...

Hyped for this. Com'on Falty let's be 'avin' 'em!

That set is so incredible, I listen to that so much! Thanks for the update Cellar Door, I wish Vibert released as much as Legowelt or something, I really crave it :)

Haven't heard anything about that Amen Andrews EP anymore, but isn't it the next in line (Amen Andrews was supposed to be release #6 I think, and #5 has already been released?)

Archived