IGNORED

#19/Stone In Focus

Guest thisket

Guest thisket

I've been so pissed off that this song wasn't included on the CD versions (not to mention "Hankie" from the US copies, but I fixed that on WarpMart). You can get it on CD from some obscure compilations, but OOOOO it grinds my gears!

Who hasn't heard this song? Or maybe you have that US copy and haven't heard BOTH OF THEM!?!?

Because it's/they're just toooo good.

Yeah, Dick must hate cd's cause it's one of the best tracks on saw II :(

On what obscure compilation can I find this brilliant track (Stone) ???

I like to sit late nights and pet my aphex cd's, so an mp3 won't do it for me.

But Í first heard it through the internet, that's why I already know it's brilliant !

:braindance:

Guest thisket

Is that... legal? Besides, I hate .flac. I only do tha .wav.

And I'll like totally do it if someone proper says it's legal.

Guest AlexPallas
Is that... legal? Besides, I hate .flac. I only do tha .wav.

And I'll like totally do it if someone proper says it's legal.

wav rules.

by the way where did the song names actually come from? did a fan assign names based on the pictures in the SAW II artwork?

Guest thisket

I hate calling them those names. I have my own imaginary names for them, like based on the sound and colors I see in my head when I listen.

Flac is still compressed... there will always be some small problem with it. If you (ieafs) email me (thisket@gmail), I might just yousendit you a wav of both of those. Unless that angers some other people...

And if anyone else wants them, they'll have to get them from yoooooou.

The tracks do not have names - all those are fan-given, that's why on Excursions In Ambience, the track is known as #19.

The other reason it wasn't on either of the CD versions is because it wouldn't fit due to length. #4 was left off the US versions for unknown reasons (possibly the same reasons the artwork was changed and the photo images were reassigned).

That, or Richard thought by having 3 different versions (US CD, UK CD, and UK Vinyl, not to mention the Ltd UK Vinyl) he's sell more records :grin:

Guest MMBKG

I don't understand how white blur 2 is on the CD versions but not Stone in Focus, one of Aphex's best ambient tracks hands down. As far as my iTunes is concerned, hankie and SiF are on the album.

• 1 month later...
Guest keirondrk

the theory is if you compress a wav and then decode it the orig and the decoded wav would be identical!...

and I must admit on my experiments its a great codec, I've been using it for all my aphex cd's... (means I don't have to keep finding my cd's big issue at the moment as I don't have a place to store them so there in a big box erughh)

I have got a external 40gb hd with all the flac images and I can just play them as though the cd's are in the drive

and they do sound perfect, if you do a byte comparison against a decoded wav they are bit-for-bit exact.

But if they are to be your only copy of them I can understand the fear, I've had it myself on original material :)

I've only heard good things for it though.

can't beat the orig cd's/vinyl over the mp3's though, if you can get hold of them, heavy on the pocket :(

Guest roygbiv

I think it was a very strange decision not to include stone in focus on the cd version, its one of my top 5 tracks from it, and much better than some of the stuff one there. (does anyone actually listen to Z-Twig all the way through?

Guest keirondrk

I must admit it's been a long time since I've listened to SAWII I think it's about time I given it a relisten.

I don't know the names that have been given to the tracks I've always just taken them as untitled..

quite a unique idea having them represented by pictures hehe.

the whole saw 2 missing track thing did confuse me a bit as I wasn't aware of all these different

versions originally, still need to get hold of the warp release I only have the 23 track one :(

I do like #19, it's a crazy decision to leave it out!

has to be one of my favs and it's not even included!

thats why I've just managed to source, EXCURSIONS IN AMBIENCE

so at least I can hear it once again...

I think it was a very strange decision not to include stone in focus on the cd version, its one of my top 5 tracks from it, and much better than some of the stuff one there. (does anyone actually listen to Z-Twig all the way through?

i :heart: z twig :smiling:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrGerbik

"hankie" is ok but "stone in focus" is one of the greatest things ever recorded as far as i'm concerned.

any ambient fan that hasn't heard it is in for a serious treat... over and over and over... you can put that fucker on a loop and reach a state of relaxation that can only be rivaled by heavy drugs or serious meditation.

Guest Coalbucket PI
"hankie" is ok but "stone in focus" is one of the greatest things ever recorded as far as i'm concerned.

any ambient fan that hasn't heard it is in for a serious treat... over and over and over... you can put that fucker on a loop and reach a state of relaxation that can only be rivaled by heavy drugs or serious meditation.

definetly, when I got hold of it i must have looped it for four or five hours, I felt like a well-cooked piece of asparagus

Guest roygbiv
I think it was a very strange decision not to include stone in focus on the cd version, its one of my top 5 tracks from it, and much better than some of the stuff one there. (does anyone actually listen to Z-Twig all the way through

Sorry! I mean Tassels, Z-Twig is one of my favourites!

Guest AlexPallas

am i an arse for having the fan given names associated with the files on my hard drive? its not really feasible to tag music files with images. but i think it was neat he titled the songs with images rather than words

Guest DrHat
I think it was a very strange decision not to include stone in focus on the cd version, its one of my top 5 tracks from it, and much better than some of the stuff one there. (does anyone actually listen to Z-Twig all the way through

Sorry! I mean Tassels, Z-Twig is one of my favourites!

i absolutely love tassles. yes.

why the hate regarding flac?

flac = lossless = wav but smaller

the compression only regards hd space; the music isn't affected at all

flac > wav

Guest AlexPallas
why the hate regarding flac?

flac = lossless = wav but smaller

the compression only regards hd space; the music isn't affected at all

flac > wav

flac is for lazy people against universality in format.

hang on... the naf-made titles for tracks 14 and 16 are mixed up!

if you look at the pie diagram for the grey stripe image, notice that if you count the pie sections on the back, it's the image for track 14. and if you look at the parallel stripes image, notice the pie section says's it's for track 16.

but wouldn't it make sense if it were the other way round!?

Archived