IGNORED

Post disappearing?

Tessier Ashpool

Who says old posts were deleted? We did cull the database before moving to this host, but that was years ago - and I did reindex the post count, so a lot of people lost post counts as it accurately reflects the posts here. Is that what you're referring to?

what's a serial note?

Just kidding - yeah, whatevs, just curious - probably just my unobservant nature at play but, damn, Craig has more posts than me? *goes to start a massive rolling lol to boost post count*

obvs trl is obvs

but on a more serial note, are older posts (i mean 2006-2009) archived somewhere ?

There's posts going back to at least 2008 on here...

obvs trl is obvs

but on a more serial note, are older posts (i mean 2006-2009) archived somewhere ?

There's posts going back to at least 2008 on here...

the earliest topic in genban is from early 09, surely there were earlier posts and topics than that, im just asking if they are still archived somewhere.

I think what eugene's referring to is The Great General Banter Post Cull of 2009, when all posts in GB older than six months were deleted, along with everything in N/C.

The forum is back. General Banter posts with no replies in the last 6 months have been removed. I will try to bring these back in a read-only format.

Also, accounts with zero posts and no logins for a year were removed.

I asked chaosmachine about it a while ago, but he just linked me to a trailer for some 80's B-movie. I'd really like to know when and if we will ever see those topics and posts again.

Guest hahathhat

id appreciate a deep archive query system. doesn't need to be fast; have it send me back the search results in a half hour, just give me access to the back catalogs....

Guest Iain C

i am glad my post count is not accurate.

this. there's a certain stinking shame to the 10k+ club which i still haven't entirely scrubbed off.

i like this. all that fuss about me deleting my posts, then just after, most were deleted? it's what i wanted.

Guest Helper ET

Who says old posts were deleted? We did cull the database before moving to this host, but that was years ago - and I did reindex the post count, so a lot of people lost post counts as it accurately reflects the posts here. Is that what you're referring to?

may you please, sir, lay this one to rest for me, once and for all, as a friend?

all the posts from may 2007, up until now, do they, or do they not, exist, in a tangible form that i am able to access?

Archived