IGNORED

Nick Drake Appreciation Thread

Squee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's definitely his best song. String arrangement is great.

Definitely!

I've also got an alternative version of the tune with no strings at all. It's so raw. Beautiful stuff.

I think I like every Nick Drake song, but yeah River Man is the best. My plan was to waltz in here and post it to spread the awesome, but I see that was the first thing covered. If I could add 10 years to any past musician's life, I might to choose to give it to Drake... along with some antidepressants.

Guest arbee

yes ! river man is great, love this tune... but I just always go back to that pink moon album. I just listened to it about 3 times today. nick drake's music is always near of me, I play that stuff a lot.

Nick Drake > Bob Dylan

but then I think Bob Dylan's a piss artist so I would say that

Bob Dylan's songs are best when they're being covered by other artists.

Guest Greg Reason

Nick Drake > Bob Dylan

chalk > cheese

This. Totally different. I like em both for VERY different reasons.

I think I like every Nick Drake song, but yeah River Man is the best. My plan was to waltz in here and post it to spread the awesome, but I see that was the first thing covered. If I could add 10 years to any past musician's life, I might to choose to give it to Drake... along with some antidepressants.

Funny thought. I think I would love to give 10 years of (the needed) mental sanity to Syd Barrett.

At the chime of the city clock from page one is my favourite tune!

Yeah and I once read a biography on Drake and it said there that Drake got antidepressant and they didn't do any good... finally he overdosed on them, if voluntary or by mistake is not known.

Nick Drake > Bob Dylan

chalk > cheese

This. Totally different. I like em both for VERY different reasons.

yes. both are great. i have been thinking recently though that Dylan's original recordings of his own songs leave something to be desired

Guest disparaissant

i got super, super lucky and picked up the fruit tree box set (LP, 1986 hannibal release with extra disc and fucking sealed!) for a measly 60 bucks at a half price books 5 or 6 years ago.

but yeah i think if someone doesn't like nick drake they just... i dunno, don't understand feelings.