IGNORED

Rob Hall DJ Mix

Soloman Tump

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one!

and from the comments:

I find it hard to believe that 3 years have passed since i completed my 12 month mix series marathon.

In that time i have published a number of sets that were recorded in a live / club / festival environment but i could no longer resist the urge to compile a studio based mix in the vein of the series.

In fact this will be the first in a number of ‘appendix’ additions to the original 12 chapter story. I’m not promising the regularity of output that i achieved in 2007/2008 but i can say that it won’t be 3 years till the next one!

The set, entitled ‘New Shirt?’ comprises recent purchases and some other tracks that have made a significant impression on me in the 3 years since the series, and i’ve tried mostly not to cover the same ground that i’ve already put forward in the interim live recordings.

I will add a tracklist at some point soon but first i’d like you to hear the mix without a list of whats coming next, i still think the listening experience is better that way. In the meantime, if you cant suppress the need to ‘show off’ feel free to use the comments feature to identify the tracks you know.

Enjoy the mix.

So it looks like we're in for some more goodness!!

BTW if you haven't heard the 12 mixes he's referring to, I highly suggest searching those out. They are fucking banging. :)

BTW if you haven't heard the 12 mixes he's referring to, I highly suggest searching those out. They are fucking banging. :)

Yes! This is absolutely spot on, the first one Vacant Engaged was just absolutely cracking. I just had a browse through the track lists from those and realised and I need to go an re-acquaint myself with them.

Also worth mentioning that the Boomkat Selected Mixtape that he did before that was just as good and worth tracking down too.

I love Rob Hall. When I met him at Bloc last year I felt like an excited 14 year old school girl. What a fucking gay.

• 11 months later...
Guest sirch

Thanks a lot. Just dl the whole series. Excellent work out music!

yeah. it's all a bit 'pumped' & upbeat, innit.

i prefer those old, more chilled, weird, dark, Disengage mixes, tbh.

edit: although i know he didn't do all of them.

Guest sirch

1 of da best DJ's, no doubt.

fuck all those 'Superstar DJ' dickheads.

'evil twin' is a tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunee! who that by??

It's Modeselektor (from their latest album Monkeytown), I think they had some remixes done too so it could also be one of those (haven't ctually listened to this yet :blush: )

Guest sirch

It's Modeselektor (from their latest album Monkeytown), I think they had some remixes done too so it could also be one of those (haven't ctually listened to this yet :blush: )

ah, nice one. thanks for that! will check out...

:beer:

Archived