IGNORED

tattoos

keltoi

even though i don't have any myself, i'm fascinated looking at peoples tattoos here... some of the explanations are pretty funny like...

this is my blue crawfish tattoo. i got it because i grew up in louisiana. and people eat this shit all the time there.

tumblr_llik9pSDO31qzabkfo1_400.jpg

Tattoos make me feel like a man, despite having the body of a world vision poster child.

tumblr_llhob8E4aS1qzabkfo1_400.jpg

My Mom was a Diet Coke lover, and my Dad is an avid cyclist.

tumblr_llh6tkKq3l1qzabkfo1_400.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found my favourite:

tumblr_l8n97cTvZd1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

This is my dadeo. Done by Steve at Captain Jacks Tattoo on Hawthorne in Portland, Oregon. I got it a few months after my dad passed away from a heart attack in 2007 at the age of 54. He was a baker at Nabisco my entire life, and since it was a such a big part of my childhood and growing up (company picnics as a kid, take your daughter to work day at a cookie factory, and the support all his co-workers gave my family after he passed away as well.) there was no way I could have ever gotten a different Dad tattoo.

I miss him more and more every day, but this way, I always have him here with me. On the inside of my forearm.

The reasoning for it was much better justified than I expected.

Guest Iain C

I don't have any tattoos, although my girlfriend has some awesome ones. I've been considering it lately, though. I'd quite like to get a parrot tattoo, because I like parrots. Perhaps on my calf.

Maybe something based on this (drawn by none other than Edward Lear):

lear-red-and-yellow-macaw-resizezsl-8327.jpg

Ger0V.jpg

I would like to know the explanation for a sloth with a hat and a machine gun.

there is no reason i wouldn't get that tattoo'd on me. i am actually sad someone beat me to it.

I have a few tattoos. Mostly video game stuff.

This is weird. I wanted to get the same thing, except with the squid in my signature:

tumblr_llt24aWN8f1qzabkfo1_400.jpg

I have been designing one in my mind for a long time, but lack the time to really make it. My art skills are decent, but I keep hitting walls in terms of artistic abilities, and I don't want it to look like shit.

It's going to be a half sleeve that wraps over my shoulder/chest and down my side.

Kind of thinking at this point that I should hire someone with a lot more skill to put it all together...

I keep thinking about getting the Klimt picture I have as my avatar as a half sleeve... I'm saving money but not in a hurry, been thinking about it for a few years as it pretty much is my favourite picture in the world

fish+blood+1898+gustav+klimt.jpg

...found a picture of a guy who had something similiar done a while ago, I'm thinking about going for the top of the arm though. It would look somewhat similiar to this however

Gustav_Klimt_The_Blood_of_Fish_by_jwhipp.jpg

Cheers! It's semi-annoying someone else got there first, but also quite reassuring that, yes it would work well as a tattoo. Also I'm sure there's some sort of code that if you live in Brighton, you must have at least one large, amazing tattoo. Can't wait to see what happens when I get one, I would imagine you probably get ushered into some sort of inner circle or something

Found my favourite:

tumblr_l8n97cTvZd1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

This is my dadeo. Done by Steve at Captain Jacks Tattoo on Hawthorne in Portland, Oregon. I got it a few months after my dad passed away from a heart attack in 2007 at the age of 54. He was a baker at Nabisco my entire life, and since it was a such a big part of my childhood and growing up (company picnics as a kid, take your daughter to work day at a cookie factory, and the support all his co-workers gave my family after he passed away as well.) there was no way I could have ever gotten a different Dad tattoo.

I miss him more and more every day, but this way, I always have him here with me. On the inside of my forearm.

The reasoning for it was much better justified than I expected.

But it was the transfat filled biscuits that killed him !! Why use that as a memorial.

--

oh and i don't understand tats. It can look ok i guess, but the same image forever, fuck that.

Archived