IGNORED

POST MORE IN EKT, YLC & MUSIC!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm gonna have to start posting on Gearslutz.com, so I can actually get some interesting discussions of music tech outta my internets (that don't take 2 weeks to unfold). There are potentially good conversations in EKT all the time but people barely ever fucking post there, because they are too busy posting stupid shit in gen ben. Same thing with music or YLC, too little people posting is why there are too little people posting

I'll never post my music in YLC again. You guys are vicious unless the music sounds like early autechre.

I don't really enjoy posting in YLC that often because I usually get snide comments from some kid that's been producing for six months that thinks he's god's gift to acid.

that's a pussy beans cop out, don't take that shit personally.. still don't explain why we don't have way more high traffic discussions in EKT or Music

If you don't know what it means, you're probably already a pussy beans, sorry dawg it's too late for you

I don't really enjoy posting in YLC that often because I usually get snide comments from some kid that's been producing for six months that thinks he's god's gift to acid.

maybe the negative comments are because some people just don't like the music you happen to have made? :cisfor:

Guest Sprigg

When I posted stuff in YLC, if it got listens, it rarely, if ever, got constructive feedback. EKT has decent discussions, but it is usually incredibly slow (though a few months ago it seemed to be getting decent traffic), and most of what is discussed there is way over my head as I have no actual gear nor a whole lot of technical know-how. though I do enjoy reading the discussions.

I can take the criticism. It's just annoying, that's all.

maybe the negative comments are because some people just don't like the music you happen to have made? :cisfor:

Someone give this cocksucker an award. He's a fucking genius.

surely not that bad... mind one time I did peek in it I noticed Global Goon posting a recent track up, only for tht tne to immediately having a slagging comment on goon's track.... lol wut!

Pretty much that just sounds like your content being selfish and not being involved with a community. Watmm could be a lot more than fart joke tier lulz. I really don't care about YLC as much for getting feedback on my music either but I feel it's only responsible to go in there and listen to peoples work, enjoy it and comment my opinion. EKT could be a great place for people to discuss interesting progressive ideas, music technology interview discussions, hardware vs. software unit grudge matches to death, more new gear and software updates etc. etc. Watmm has the potential to be much more productive, I believe there are more like minded people here than a lot seem to think.

Right now it does feel helpless to try to get a good fast & long winded EKT conversation going, to get fast constructive criticism in YLC or even give it because you may be the only post in there for three days or more.

I'll never post my music in YLC again. You guys are vicious unless the music sounds like early autechre.

When I posted stuff in YLC, if it got listens, it rarely, if ever, got constructive feedback. EKT has decent discussions, but it is usually incredibly slow (though a few months ago it seemed to be getting decent traffic), and most of what is discussed there is way over my head as I have no actual gear nor a whole lot of technical know-how. though I do enjoy reading the discussions.

this.

i know im not nearly as skilled musically as some producers on here, but i know im not god awful either. i posted a few tracks back in the day...maybe three years ago? and they were still ridiculously caustic....i think maybe out of 30 posts total on the sum of everything ive ever submitted I received one or two posts that were constructive.

it seems to me from watching the EKT forum (WHICH BTW I LISTEN TO A LOT OF STUFF ON THERE) that unless you are with a certain clique that scratches each others backs, you are a horrible musician and should die.

this is both a mixture of bitter and reality, i think.

it seems to me from watching the EKT forum (WHICH BTW I LISTEN TO A LOT OF STUFF ON THERE) that unless you are with a certain clique that scratches each others backs, you are a horrible musician and should die.

There is definitely a clique kind of thing that happens from forum to forum. Whenever I post a track in YLC, I tend to see a lot of names I don't usually encounter in the forums I usually frequent.

Also what's peculiar is that as a musician, the better I've gotten, the fewer comments I seem to get. I used to post some god awful trash and would get a lot of positive feedback. Now when I post a banger with great production and solid composition, I get nothing or shit on. It's really weird.

Actually, the most praise I get is from WATMM's Most IDM compilations. I've been on all of them except one.

Also, for project 168 stuff.

I'm with BFC on trying to make this a more music friendly community. but I also share the same sentiments as Braintree, Jonas, and SR4. from 04 to 06 I posted regularly on YLC and got a good balance of praise and critiques. I only posted a couple of things after that that got good praise. but the last thing I ever posted (around 08) like 2 dudes that were probably 15 totally shat on it. I never posted anything in ylc since since it seemed like that was the trend at the time. and apparently it still goes on.

being an attention whore I spam the internet whenever I feel depressed and need some loving,..

It would be better if I stop altogether and finish up an album!

Ekt might be interesting when you're just starting out, but I'm not really looking for any help or feedback on a mix, don't have the time to listen to others as much as I'd like. Sorry.

In general I'm not sure if posting more would be better for the sake of your music.

nods love in jonas' general direction.

Guest uptown devil

i agree with the op, but i think one reason ylc doesn't get more use is because it is more like a workshop than a 'post your most recent art' type of deal. that thread is incredible and has a very encouraging and welcoming vibe to it. people post whatever they're into, regardless of public opinion.

i get the feeling that the majority of the people here don't want to be told how to make music, and will make music regardless of what people think of it. perfect example:

ylc has always had a 'panel of judges' vibe for me, which i think may be really inhibiting/discouraging for some.

one suggestion would be to have a pinned workshop thread for people who want help, then having the subforum be purely about expressing one's art. another suggestion would be to have a 'post your most recent track' and/or 'post your most recent album' thread pinned in the music subforum. is the entire ylc subforum really even all that necessary? it makes it less casual and pushes it neatly out of the way..

i'm sure there are plenty of things that could be done to make it better.

:cisfor:

maybe you should have pinned threads in ylc, like post your art, except for certain styles or subgenres? just some way for it to not just be an overwhelming amount of threads of people, I mean that should still happen, but by having some sort of curatorial element to things, people will be able to go into the subforum knowing what they're looking for, and having an easier time finding it. I dunno, I feel like something in that direction could be of assistance. just not having to do click into a thread and then back and then click a new thread and then back and then a new thread and then back, that's way more of a hassle than just clicking into a thread and having three tracks there.

Archived