IGNORED

Any Wattmers ever done any volunteer work?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm looking to get involved some more and wondering if any of you street carp have ever had any really good experiences with short winded or long winded volunteering.

My buddies have done this Muscular Dystrophy Association week long summer camp for 10 years. I told myself a couple months ago that I want do more to help people, be apart of a community and maybe even volunteer work. So when they called me and told me 6 counselors had to drop out 4 days before and that I had to drop everything to go "volunteer" for it I said... Shit I guess I gotta. I'm going to be in charge of a mobile rugrat for a week, they say it's a really really good time and I'm kind of excited to get out of town tomorrow.

I heard chicks dig this kind of "charitable" stuff too? Or is that just a lie, like girls putting sense of humor first in deciding who they want to penetrate their vaginas n all dat bullshi?

I haven't done any before but am planning to go to Kenya and do some work on a nature reserve. You can basically help out with leopards, lions and stuff. A bit of building work as well which would be cool. I'm gonna hopefully get round to this in the next year or so.

You do pay a fee to enrol but for the life experiance it's gonna be worth it.

Guest Ricky Downtown

i went on a mission trip to san antonio in high school and did random volunteer work there for a week. worked at the food bank, homeless shelter, and a day camp for the disabled. i hated the fact that i was on a mission trip as an atheist, and hated even more that my parents wouldn't acknowledge that. but it really didn't matter, i got to see a lot and help a lot of people out. they didn't care what i believed in.

This isn't very admirable or anything, but I volunteered at the American Craft Beer Fest in Boston about a year ago.

Totally worth it. I got in for free, only had to make sure a few of the reps didn't pour above 2oz in their tasting cups, and watch for drunk people, which I ended up being anyway. I got to cut to the front of every line and try any beer I wanted very quickly, which gets you drunk faster than you'd think. Plenty of other cool people there to shoot the shit with and unite in your love of craft beer. I had a blast.

Going to Africa in a week and a bit. Should be good craic.

You had better visit A Shared Sexual Experience whilst there.

Im only across the border so Ill have to take a day trip :sup:

I helped blind kids get to class when I was in college.

I also volunteered at soup kitchens once or twice.

That's about it.

It feels good to help muthafuckas.

I haven't done any before but am planning to go to Kenya and do some work on a nature reserve. You can basically help out with leopards, lions and stuff. A bit of building work as well which would be cool. I'm gonna hopefully get round to this in the next year or so.

You do pay a fee to enrol but for the life experiance it's gonna be worth it.

This sounds interesting. Do you need/have any formal education in veterinary or other biological courses or you just applied because they need some extra hands?

I was thinking about going there for the same experience as you are.

So where can I learn more?

lecture at schools occasionally...doesn't happen that often but its nice to know there are some smart kids out there.

i had a short lived experience with the spca walking dogs. good way to meet chicks

right now i volunteer doing landscaping, can't say that really is "helping" people

I pay taxes, that means that i volunteer a proportion of my time to the general good. Also i vote for people that would be more generous in their fixing of the social ills than the other parties would be, it's not my fault that they never get voted in.

So in short, i do my bit. :trashbear:

Ive done lots of volunteer work as am in a hot spot for heavy mechanical stuff

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Clicky 3

Mostly vintage buses am doing now rather than trains

Am restoreing this thing for taybus club just now :)

5428243976_513a15502a.jpg

This type of thing is an hobby. Still some cool buses.

this one is cute.

ufj974r.jpg

Guest disparaissant

i did food not bombs and amnesty international when i was all grr activist

and feminist stuff

there's a lgbt youth center a bit down the road, thought about volunteering there as i do have a bit of free time on my hands

Archived