IGNORED

M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming

rstark

http://www.spin.com/articles/m83-reveal-plans-epic-double-album

Some details about the new M83 album that is expected to be released this year.. In October, according to this article.

I used to listen to a ton of M83 2 years ago or so but I have kind of grown out of it lately.. I am really excited for this album though.. I've never been disappointed with anything Anthony makes

edit

woops i think this is in the wrong place

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I kind of wish he's give up pop for a while and make another album like dead cities, red seas & lost ghosts.

Guest uptown devil

I kind of wish he's give up pop for a while and make another album like dead cities, red seas & lost ghosts.

Guest disparaissant

screw that. saturdays=youth was the best.

more 80s goth throwback ppllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hah, i was waiting for this response

Guest viscosity

good news, m83 definitely hits the spot for me. Slowly is practically inscribed into my brain

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Greg Reason

Saturdays = Youth is well wicked

He did some nice stuff back in the day but no prior M83 record was as consistently great. Throw that 'Graveyard Girl' rubbish off there and it's brilliant from front to back.

I do like Before the Dawn Heals us quite a lot and Dead Cities is nice n all but seriously he has gotten lots better since.

I think it would be much better if he now bridged the two styles together rather than just abandon the progress he's made.

Guest Greg Reason

It all went downwards when he brought Morgan Kibby into the group

Yeah, 'Skin of the Night' is the worst thing he's ever done...

lol jk it's the best

Ah well you can't please everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Got another e-mail today with more details on the album

M83 will release his epic new double album, "Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming" in October.

Produced by Justin Meldal-Johnsen (Beck, NIN, The Mars Volta, Goldfrapp) and including contributions from Brad Laner (from 90’s band Medicine) on guitar, Saturdays=Youth vocalist Morgan Kibby, and guest vocalist Zola Jesus, Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming is a double-album journey that takes us to the horizon and introduces us to new landscapes.

“I think it is a reflection of my 30 years of being a human being. It’s a compilation of all my previous music together. It’s a retrospective of myself”, says Anthony.

You can now listen to, and download the first single, Midnight City free now! To download the track just click here, you can share the track via the M83 website here: http://www.ilovem83.com/midnight-city

Happy as fuck for the tour and the double album, the new track isn't really my thing though. My fav album was Before The Dawn Heals Us, so I wish for more of that sound. But it's unlikely.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This album sucks balls. As Halisray already mentioned, what's going on with his vocals? Sounds like he wants to be Peter Gabriel, which is not something one should strive towards. I guess Gonzales lost it after Before The Dawn Heals Us (ignoring Digital Shades).

Guest Greg Reason

Pfft. This is the album of the year. I haven't stopped listening to it all month, I must have heard it fifty times by now and I'm nowhere near getting sick of it.

Every track is IMMENSELY FUCKING EPIC and somehow he's able to throw in every cheesy cliche you've ever heard but pull it off with such grace and aplomb... It's sublime.

But then seeing as you dislike Peter Gabriel I can see why you would have such odd judgment towards a record as wonderful as this...

Archived