IGNORED

M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming

rstark

Guest Greg Reason

I love it to fucking bits

Love it love it love it

Sometimes we just have to get over ourselves and stop trying to be cool

This new album is all about being cool and that really don't work for me, its lacking soul and is poppy and commercial. Like the track Midnight City is waaay too cool for my taste.

Yeah so having songs with little girls talking about turning into frogs really strikes me as someone trying to be cool...

I don't think that making an indulgent double album with orchestras and choirs is really the right way to go about garnering praise either. Pretty much the opposite of what is considered to be "cool". Just a shame for you that there's seventy+ minutes of really good music that you miss out on.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think there's some songs that need to be culled. I'm really enjoying some of this album, but the rest feels like filler to me. It could've been a super tight release if it was one disc.

Guest Greg Reason

i think trying so hard to be uncool is actually whats considered cool in these times so that makes it bad and also hipster.

I think you're overthinking things and need to use your ears instead

I heard the second record by this guy and had to turn it off after one minute because it gave me an instant headache. Why would anyone listen to this garbage when My Bloody Valentine exists?

Oh God what a pretencious thing to say. Ooooo what pain, oooooh what heartache. Never guess what? You don't HAVE to listen to it. You could go fuck a goat instead.

This thread is weird. But I am gonna listen to it tonight to find out what all the fuss is about!!!

A lot of people are enjoying it. Perhaps it's too poppy for the WATMM massive.

A lot of people also like Nickelback.

I'm not saying popularity means something is good. Merely suggesting that this album seems to be going down well.

Also for the record I don't "love" M83; it is not really my style of music. I am enjoying this new album though.

I heard the second record by this guy and had to turn it off after one minute because it gave me an instant headache. Why would anyone listen to this garbage when My Bloody Valentine exists?

I take it by 'second record' you mean Before The Dawn Heals Us which I agree was utter tripe (imo !). I'm hoping this album is a return to [a much earlier] form as M83 (the album), Dead Cities - Red Seas & Lost Ghosts, and the America single were really darn good. But Before The Dawn Heals Us and [what I heard of] Saturdays = Youth completely put me off them.

Guest disparaissant

fuck the haters i love this shit. lol at the discussion about "coolness" who cares.

listen to it

judge it

whatever? when did music become about preconceived notions of what is/isn't co-

fuck what am i even saying

either way i really like it. good 9/10 from me.

also saturdays=youth was my second favourite album of 08 (after max tundra) and i wouldnt really say its OVERTLY like that one or any of m83's earlier stuff either. it's bizarre.

wish the zola jesus input had been a little more prominent.

I fucking loved it. My liking of M83 has always independent of other opinions anyway, so whatever. Only complaint is how short the little 1-2 minute ambient tracks were, they actually could of been stretched out and/or developed further, therefore actually warranting a double album. But this was quite solid. He's really broken away from the more formulaic tendencies he had on early releases without losing his distinct sound. Vocals were the best yet. So what if the froggy song was cute, silly nonsense. Might as well bitch about Aphex throwing the song "Beetles" on the Girl/Boy EP. Just to be a predictable and annoying dad I'll probably play both for my kids at some point.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I feel that every album that M83 has released was worse than the previous one. It's just that way for me. He'll never make something as good as Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts.

well, the second one was better than the first one.

I feel that every album that M83 has released was worse than the previous one. It's just that way for me. He'll never make something as good as Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts.

no offense guys but I can't stop loling at this exchange.

I came in here to see if this album was worth getting. Half the thread was people irrelevant asking for old stuff and the rest was people shiting on about cool and uncool.

Having said that some people said they're lovin' it. I usually agree with gregs taste. Imma get it.

EDIT, out of interest

http://soundcloud.com/m83/midnight-city-trentemoller

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I had my first listen to this album recently. even though it doesn't sound like the m83 album I would like to hear, I can't deny that it's great. he's good at using potentially cheesy sounds and styles in a tasteful way.

no offense guys but I can't stop loling at this exchange.

watch the ride, prik face.

Archived