IGNORED

The Shadow Line

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

Any of you checking this out?

I'm one episode in, so no spoilers please. So far, I'm blown away by it. The dialog, performances, edit, photography, sound. The first episode opens with Shakespearean gallows humor and ends with the beginnings of an Oedipal tragedy. Smart stuff. Highly recommend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

I didn't realise Ecclestone was in it, so will probably get round to it this week.

Yeah, the cast is fantastic. I don't typically like Chiwetel Ejiofor but so far, he's excellent.

My favorite character so far is David Schofield as Sgt. Foley.

MV5BOTAyMjg3NzA1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODA2ODg3Mw@@._V1._SX200_SY250_.jpg

I'm one episode in, so no spoilers please.

Man, you're going to be disappointed when you find out that bad stuff happens to that one chick and that dude is actually that other guy's father.

Oh yeah, and the scene when they unmask everyone and they turn out to be space orcas.

I'm one episode in, so no spoilers please.

Man, you're going to be disappointed when you find out that bad stuff happens to that one chick and that dude is actually that other guy's father.

Oh yeah, and the scene when they unmask everyone and they turn out to be space orcas.

lol

and everyone dies.

Guest Shit Attack

stephen rea as the creepy/nuts old guy in the hat is cool in this (dont want to mention the good bits ) other than that wasnt that into the show but seemed to be of good quality.

:spiteful:

By the way, the use of music in the show is perfect.

It reminds me of some of the Fläskkvartetten music in the Swedish Wallander series (Krister Henriksson episodes). Atonal noisescapes cranking up the tension and such like.

Guest Mirezzi

ive been watching this, it is VERY good. stephen rea is bloody marvelous - new ep tonight!!

He's fucking awesome. I saw him added to the intro credits of EP 2 and I was like, holy shit, can't wait to see what he's up to...and I was not disappointed.

oh and the music is perfect, very creepy. the opening theme is gorgeous too

Absolutely. I can't recall if the music in the intro is the same for the outro, but both are beautiful.

Guest Mirezzi

Oh, by the way...my LOL of the day yesterday was:

"I am on foot. Typical fucking British car chase!"

Christ watched episodes 3 and 4 tonight. Intense shit!

Isn't Stephen Rea a little too perfect though? I mean criminal mastermind or what? LIke how the fuck does he know about the journalist? He's fucking great though, perfectly cast. Also, I'm not entirely sure why Gabriel needs to have a little bastard - hope that plot is actually worthwhile.

man, lastnights episode was crazy, just when you think uh oh this series is gonna slip up and give you something mediocre it flips you the bird and throws in something incredible

Sweet - episodes 5 and 6 on the download tip. But then I'm gonna have to wait for next week's ep. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH just film them all, and then put them all up on the web goddamn it! Also - I'm super impressed with Rafe Spall as Jay Wratten. He gets better each episode.

Anyone here watched Exile? It's got Jim Broadbent in it, which is a definite plus in my book, but is it worth checking out?

ive seen it chen, its very slow, and very dark with kind of a poor ending after what seems like a massive build up, but it is def worth checking out! good performances by all

Archived