IGNORED

Wu-Tang Clan - Legendary Weapons

Redruth

Interesting... would have liked to have heard Redman alongside the clan. Good to see Killa Sin on an album again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stoppit

I am confused as to why the tracks are labelled as 'featuring Raekwon & RZA' etc..

I'd understand if they were just saying which clan members were on which tracks, but there's no mention of GZA or Masta Killa, and that article states that all the members are present on the album.

I am confused as to why the tracks are labelled as 'featuring Raekwon & RZA' etc..

I'd understand if they were just saying which clan members were on which tracks, but there's no mention of GZA or Masta Killa, and that article states that all the members are present on the album.

Its supposed to be more of a "compilation album" much like "Chamber Music" was last year. Infact the same producer of Chamber Music (Noah Rubin) seems to be producing this one as well.

Chamber music was an interesting album, RZA philosophy laced over instrumentals, and rugged instrumental hip hop with guests appearances with people outside the regular Wu Tang roster. The beats were better suited as a score to a kung fu movie, instead of just placing samples from kung fu movies over hip hop beats.

This album is apparently the follow up to Chamber Music.

Guest Stoppit

Its supposed to be more of a "compilation album" much like "Chamber Music" was last year. Infact the same producer of Chamber Music (Noah Rubin) seems to be producing this one as well.

Chamber music was an interesting album, RZA philosophy laced over instrumentals, and rugged instrumental hip hop with guests appearances with people outside the regular Wu Tang roster. The beats were better suited as a score to a kung fu movie, instead of just placing samples from kung fu movies over hip hop beats.

This album is apparently the follow up to Chamber Music.

Yeah I thought it might be something like that. I still haven't got Chamber Music

yeah. their time of being one of the greatest and creative groups is over.

i rather stick to new raekwon and ghost solo albums than to a new wu-tang album.

rza went the route of every "super-producer" like timbaland and dre etc.

from being one of the rawest and tightest beatmakers to a boring "musician"...

i just don't care about them anymore. :shrug:

yeah. their time of being one of the greatest and creative groups is over.

i rather stick to new raekwon and ghost solo albums than to a new wu-tang album.

rza went the route of every "super-producer" like timbaland and dre etc.

from being one of the rawest and tightest beatmakers to a boring "musician"...

i just don't care about them anymore. :shrug:

I'm pretty sure once you start making music you will appreciate "musicians." You might want to consider writing RZA a letter and passionately state that your childhood nostalgia for underproduced sample based music should be higher priority then RZA's desire to progress as an artist. He might take your letter seriously and get a lobotomy.

^^i don't mean being musical is boring. that's not what i meant. i just think he went from an artist who used his samples innovative and raw like no other before to an artist who just don't do it for me anymore. i wasn't a child when wu-tang were big. sampling was state of the art and i still think it is, when i listen to artists like madlib, alchemist or exile.

"Cobbler, stick to your last!" just my opinion...

Archived