IGNORED

Influx of bad artist names

eh Speedy

• 2 weeks later...

Glitchy Hawtin

Väthless

Ransid (c64 based Rancid cover band obvs) 

Gays off Base (it’s pride weekend over here. I think...) 

• 1 month later...

This thread reaffirms something I've been saying for some years now:  All The Good Band Names Are Taken.

Of course that's a generalization but like any generalization there's a grain of truth to it.  Any truly creative mind will surely be able to think up a good band name despite the fact that so many one word and/or common and/or obvious names are already taken.  My wife and I named our fictional proto-punk doom metal band "Scrap Leather", which is better than the majority of the bad puns on display over these 180 pages.  

So, that begs the followup question, is it better to have an original >bad< band name or be the 38th band to use the name 'Mako'?

On 9/20/2020 at 7:14 PM, tailings said:

This thread reaffirms something I've been saying for some years now:  All The Good Band Names Are Taken.

Of course that's a generalization but like any generalization there's a grain of truth to it.  Any truly creative mind will surely be able to think up a good band name despite the fact that so many one word and/or common and/or obvious names are already taken.  My wife and I named our fictional proto-punk doom metal band "Scrap Leather", which is better than the majority of the bad puns on display over these 180 pages.  

So, that begs the followup question, is it better to have an original >bad< band name or be the 38th band to use the name 'Mako'?

In the 90’s there was a popular radio-rock band named Toad The Wet Sprocket. 

2 hours ago, tailings said:

Not sure I follow your point.  Yes, bad names have existed in the past too.  

What you quoted in full was a band name contribution to the thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

181 pages of bad band names ... holy balls.

Anyone gives me flak for releasing under my given name at any point in the future, I'm just going to direct them here without further comment. ?

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:01 PM, Trent said:

181 pages of bad band names ... holy balls.

Anyone gives me flak for releasing under my given name at any point in the future, I'm just going to direct them here without further comment. ?

Hey! It's Trent Flepzor!

Edited by rhmilo