IGNORED

Influx of bad artist names

eh Speedy

Guest AcrossCanyons

I recently used Tustin Jimberlake in zazen's mumu-type player. While I actually hate any first letter celebrity name swaps (not because of Com Truise but because there can't be a conversation about his music without people naming every celebrity under the sun and switching their damn letters round) I'd totally listen to somebody using this moniker. :music:

Bad names (and good names) have an impact on how I perceive an artist and whether or not i'll bother listening to their music. My favorite example is Venetian Snares. That's an awesome name and it is the reason i bothered listening to him but has no relation to how his music sounds. Com Truise is on the other end of the spectrum. His name just fucking sucks, it made me ignore him for a while but his music is wail-worthy. No logic. But I pay far too much attention to words as I love them.

Guest AcrossCanyons
But I pay far too much attention to words as I love them.

this is a great way to sum shit up. words are awesome, therfore i like good words.

artist name = good words = all of my interest.

artist name = bad words =/= my (immediate, at least) interest.