IGNORED

Lulz Security just hacked some FBI / NATO website

o00o

another part of the reason anon will never make inroads is cos they're all too concentrated on hating each other and proclaiming each other as newfags. and yeh my take on things is that a lot of the more talented anons are misogynistic yet talented first-year college students on vacation. but then, none of these people are really using complex or impressive hax techniques. they're exploiting security holes left by lazy network admins 95% of the time. and as for 'found each other'? ...how did you end up playing minecraft on the same server as me? through a shared interest. internets.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a shit show for the sake of a shit show is exactly what angst-ridden passive aggressive internet mongering youths thrive on. this will no doubt gain steam as well as inspire others to "fuck the man" simply because the internet allows any slouch to gain indelible glory.

to say that "i infiltrated a government mainframe and got them bitches on my knees" is about as patriotic and rebellious as saying "fuck england and their taxing twats" (so-to-speak) in the 18th century. i might be over zealous of the scope of internet power in this day and age, but in my opinion its the best way for mass groups of people to get organized and strike with "power."

but im also drunk so this could be completely unapropos.

Guest mafted

nice to chime in and agree here.. they hacked Bethesda, a fucking video game company, so you know they're not messing around. :blink:

Guest Coalbucket PI

and as for 'found each other'?

I got the feeling from that irc transcript that they were from different countries, one of them kept saying 'mate' while another seemed American.

This reminds me of a guy at my university who ran the DC++ filesharing network on campus, he was an absolute power mad cunt on the chat box but I once met him at a barbeque and he was the most stereotypical computer enthusiast greasy no-eye-contact mumbler I have ever met.

thing is, the general 'freedom' of the internet is now fundamental to the economy, I'd say.

A country that shackles its internet is going to lose out to other countries that don't. If the US comes up with some nonsense internet-controlling bill they'll lose out to europe, etc.

So I dont think we need to worry too much. Policians like to sound like they're controlling stuff but they'll just come up with some bullshit that gets watered down and then ignored, I'd wager.

There's too much money being made in the interwebs for people to mess with it too much

Guest Gary C

thing is, the general 'freedom' of the internet is now fundamental to the economy, I'd say.

A country that shackles its internet is going to lose out to other countries that don't. If the US comes up with some nonsense internet-controlling bill they'll lose out to europe, etc.

So I dont think we need to worry too much. Policians like to sound like they're controlling stuff but they'll just come up with some bullshit that gets watered down and then ignored, I'd wager.

There's too much money being made in the interwebs for people to mess with it too much

I'd never considered that. Thanks.

I'd never considered that. Thanks.

Good points. But there's also an economy in a controlled internet. Possibly even more so. Think about models where you have to pay for more/faster access. A free internet isn't necessarily the most economic option for the companies which provide the internet.

But despite these controlled business models, I do agree that in reality a free internet would also be preferred from the economic point of view. My only fear is with the companies which control the infrastructure. They have their own interests.

Guest theSun

another part of the reason anon will never make inroads is cos they're all too concentrated on hating each other and proclaiming each other as newfags. and yeh my take on things is that a lot of the more talented anons are misogynistic yet talented first-year college students on vacation. but then, none of these people are really using complex or impressive hax techniques. they're exploiting security holes left by lazy network admins 95% of the time. and as for 'found each other'? ...how did you end up playing minecraft on the same server as me? through a shared interest. internets.

this is the most interesting point to me. i'm no hacker, but i did graduate a mid-level college CIS program, so i can read the hacks and know how they work for the most part.

the majority of their attacks were thru various sql injections, which is how they got into PSN. perusing through the sql injection wiki, these attacks are elementary. this isn't digital fortress type shit, this is oracle 101 type shit. keeping this in mind, lulzsec is doing a service to their victims as well as the general pop by showing just how vulnerable they are. other than that, i don't think they serve much of a purpose.

im personally torn about blackface. i think its the same as using the "n" word, all depends on the context.. if its mocking the concept of blackface, then maybe its allowable....but that skit was just tasteless.

how did we get to this anyway?

some of the best blackface

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAudf74RCEs

I'm no hacking authority, but I'd assume the hacking part is in gaining access to the server. Writing the sql after having established a connection might not be more than a select * from .... etc. Without the access there's not sql can do. Or is it?

Guest hahathhat

http://pastebin.com/NxTTGVgc

here's a theory: resentment of authority rules their actions. initially, this motivated them to seek revenge. as they got popular, people developed expectations of them (hacking big companies, ra-ra for the little man, etc). but having this established role and image starts to make them feel controlled again. so they do shit to piss those people off. "your expectations do not own us. no one does..."

i wonder if the aphex twin is a member of LulzSec.

http://pastebin.com/NxTTGVgc

here's a theory: resentment of authority rules their actions. initially, this motivated them to seek revenge. as they got popular, people developed expectations of them (hacking big companies, ra-ra for the little man, etc). but having this established role and image starts to make them feel controlled again. so they do shit to piss those people off. "your expectations do not own us. no one does..."

i wonder if the aphex twin is a member of LulzSec.

I like this theory

Archived