IGNORED

Aphex Twin interview 2011 @ Sonar

Herr Jan

Great interview, whether it's fake or not. If it's fake, sounds like someone has nailed the ol' Aphex persona down pretty well. Too bad someone couldn't do that musically

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) how do i know this is not made up by some publication from... wherever? if it's real, my best guess is he thought it'd be funny to talk to that, no one else, wait for the anoraks to unearth it like a bitcoin block

"El Pais" is the leader newspaper in Spain.

This. It isn't fake.

Guest texan whip

this is another example of how a woman can have a devastating effect on a musicians output. yoko ono's to blame - she started the trend.

thats not cool to hear :( i hope the "To get away from home" answer isnt in direct relation to the marriage situation.

hopefully things improve @ afx camp in time.

amazes me how music journalists still seem to throw shite like: "Do you like his music many people find irritating?"

(which im guessing is "do you like that many people find your music irritating?")

man. i could understand a question like that being asked of him in.... 1994? I suppose I'm happy that his answer is still the same :D

and fuck "You still can do something new today?". reeks of the 'RDJ = MODERN MOZART' fluff you'd always see back in the day.

not surprised he can't be fucked with it anymore, lol

I got the impression from the interview that he was talking about his personal problems in the past tense, and that now he's free from the shackles that bound him.

I got the impression from the interview that he was talking about his personal problems in the past tense, and that now he's free from the shackles that bound him.

Agreed.

Really apart from nookie, he should marry WATMM. His life would be fucking well sweet. No chore to much trouble lol.

..hang on I forgot about Masonic Boom, nookie no problem either. Sorted.

At least he's still doing gigs. He could have quit altogether and become a reclusive hermit taking orders at a drive-thru golden arches store. It's not that he left the music business.

Btw, he's still a twat and the hate is mutual.

The keeping his best music shit is either bollockshit or he is an asshole.

It seems pretty lie-y.

He needs to release more stuff. Fuck. :trashbear:

Guest hahathhat

1) how do i know this is not made up by some publication from... wherever? if it's real, my best guess is he thought it'd be funny to talk to that, no one else, wait for the anoraks to unearth it like a bitcoin block

"El Pais" is the leader newspaper in Spain.

was more pointing out the absurdity of choosing to do an interview with them and no one else, and how it's the normal afx nonsense. absurdity for absurdity's sake. make it a bit hard to find and people will shit themselves when it gets unearthed..... ~lol~ it's just in spanish and through google translate, how ~quirky and original~

really, i feel mr. afx is confused. i wish him the best escaping the clutches of his ex, and it's nice he decided to share... but this is not about celebrity divorce shit. it's about the music -- or, more accurately, the lack of it.

maybe try, "i'm trying very hard to get an album out this year, but it might not happen for logistical/legal reasons. if it's not happening this year i will publicly state such. now leave me alone"

Guest Ranxerox

A google translation of the longer version of the interview has this:

Q. Is there anything in music that would still like to do?

A. More than ever before. I can fill the gaps that are everywhere.

Q. Sounds interesting a new artist?

A. Yes, Rafe.

Q. Do you think see something in Sonar?

A. Raime insurance. Then there is a lot to do, but I have not looked closely yet.

Is Rafe the name of an artist?

All I know is that his latest musical output judging by all those unreleased tracks at the gigs he's played in recent years are tremendously well written pieces of music that would derserve a release of some sort and it puzzles me that he hasn't released anything new since 2007. He's been playing the "DJ" persona for many years now. If it's money he needs, I'm sure he probably gets enough to live on when doing all these gigs therefore the release of new music may not really interest him that much from a financial perspective. He's guaranteed a lot of sales if he obviously chooses to put something out there - I know I'd snap up the purchase instantly as with most people here. [end of insignificant rant from a "fan"]

even the smartest logical genius' get played by the cosmic vagina

bummer dude

Happens to the best of us. Heh.

Surely this will spark some kind of creative wildfire in AFX's mind. Strife is usually the muse for the greatest music right?

- Fan with impossibly high hopes.

i doubt he would sell that many albums. He might get a nice advance from Warp. He could market himself so much better if it was all about money. He doesnt sell out. Its always on his terms.

i could understand wanting to postpone a release if he doesn't want his wife getting the money. Maybe he is getting paid under the table at these gigs

Archived