IGNORED

Aphex Twin interview 2011 @ Sonar

Herr Jan

also, record contracts and royalties might be affected by a divorce..I dont know the laws in UK. I hope it gets sorted and we get the manchester track

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could understand wanting to postpone a release if he doesn't want his wife getting the money. Maybe he is getting paid under the table at these gigs

So, is this what this is all about? If he's selling records again, his ex will receive X amount of money? What about kids? I'm sorry for being out of the loop here, but did he have kids with her?

a new low

even for you, watmm.

watmm; a race to the bottom

"shall we bottom the boat, capitan?"

>no, it's too late for that now

A google translation of the longer version of the interview has this:

Q. Is there anything in music that would still like to do?

A. More than ever before. I can fill the gaps that are everywhere.

Q. Sounds interesting a new artist?

A. Yes, Rafe.

Q. Do you think see something in Sonar?

A. Raime insurance. Then there is a lot to do, but I have not looked closely yet.

Is Rafe the name of an artist?

what an awful translation

Not the best translation, specially since I'm not spanish but I understood most of it.

P. ¿Hay algo en la música que todavía le gustaría hacer?

Q. Is there still something you wished to do musically?

R. Más que nunca. Los vacíos que puedo llenar están en todos lados.

A. More than ever. There are voids everywhere that I could fill.

P. ¿Le parece interesante algún artista nuevo?

Q. Any new artist that you find interesting?

R. Sí, Raime.

A. Yes, Raime. (I posted the EP on page 1).

P. ¿Piensa ver algo en Sónar?

Q. Are you going to watch anyone at Sonar?

R. A Raime seguro. Luego hay mucho que ver, pero no le he mirado detenidamente todavía.

A. Yes Raime for sure, there's lots to see later... (I don't understand the rest, my spanish only goes so far.)

Guest Masonic Boom

I got the impression from the interview that he was talking about his personal problems in the past tense, and that now he's free from the shackles that bound him.

Agreed.

Really apart from nookie, he should marry WATMM. His life would be fucking well sweet. No chore to much trouble lol.

..hang on I forgot about Masonic Boom, nookie no problem either. Sorted.

A man who slags off his ex like that in interviews ain't getting no nookie from me.

I understand that he's probably hurting real bad, and breakups are no fun for anyone. But that's just not a classy way to behave.

Don't understand how a guy can be all "ooh, I'm a hippie, music should be free, maaan" one minute then turn around and go "ooh she's robbing me" when he's asked to pay maintenance for his family. I mean, how are his kids gonna deal, growing up, reading that in the press, Dad slagging off Mum in the freaking *papers*? Really just lost a chunk of respect for a man I actually thought was OK and you know, philosophically sound.

But I guess this is gonna be an excuse for WATMM to be about 100x times more misogynist than usual, so I better just avoid and not try to read any more.

I am sorry his relationship broke up, and I'm sorry that he's hurting, but I expected better from him.

mind you, kids or no kids, the man is regarded as some sort of logical genius around here. so even a hint of him being irrational might upset some people.

yeh looks to me he's being a total dick in that interview. people have been insulted for much less around here. :whistling:

and indeed, the wife robbing him and anti-copyright point of view makes not a lot of sense too.

I got the impression from the interview that he was talking about his personal problems in the past tense, and that now he's free from the shackles that bound him.

Agreed.

Really apart from nookie, he should marry WATMM. His life would be fucking well sweet. No chore to much trouble lol.

A man who slags off his ex like that in interviews ain't getting no nookie from me.

I understand that he's probably hurting real bad, and breakups are no fun for anyone. But that's just not a classy way to behave.

Don't understand how a guy can be all "ooh, I'm a hippie, music should be free, maaan" one minute then turn around and go "ooh she's robbing me" when he's asked to pay maintenance for his family. I mean, how are his kids gonna deal, growing up, reading that in the press, Dad slagging off Mum in the freaking *papers*? Really just lost a chunk of respect for a man I actually thought was OK and you know, philosophically sound.

But I guess this is gonna be an excuse for WATMM to be about 100x times more misogynist than usual, so I better just avoid and not try to read any more.

I am sorry his relationship broke up, and I'm sorry that he's hurting, but I expected better from him.

this (assuming those are real answers)

Divorces are pretty expensive and marriages can be a real bitch. At least this is what I hear from jaded 40-somethings at work. What is marriage I don't even

Agreed.

this (assuming those are real answers)

As a child of a horrible divorce I'm just going to have to agree with ya here, MB.

Yeah it's hard to tell if it is his dry humor that he didn't want his wife to benefit from a release or if it was actually in his reasoning. If so, I think we don't have the right to hold judgement either way. She could have really been screwing him over, or he could just be bitter about it.

Same old immature crap, no wonder he's divorced now. And without the public he 'hates' he would be an even less well known penniless kid and perhaps wouldn't be so cocky. He's full of crap as usual, there is always an album on the way, always will be. When he finally releases it no-one will remember who he is. At the very best he is selfish child.

Yeah it's hard to tell if it is his dry humor that he didn't want his wife to benefit from a release or if it was actually in his reasoning. If so, I think we don't have the right to hold judgement either way. She could have really been screwing him over, or he could just be bitter about it.

agreed. let's just leave it at this guys.

agree with Bubba, and also this:

Haha I love how many assumptions people are making from this interview. :facepalm: (See post above mine)

you guys really have no clue, his interviews are not meant to be taken seriously anyways from what i've gathered, yet so many conclusions are being drwan here from this one... have we forgotten about the all the ones he's done before? nevermind me, go back to judging the guy

Same old immature crap, no wonder he's divorced now. And without the public he 'hates' he would be an even less well known penniless kid and perhaps wouldn't be so cocky. He's full of crap as usual, there is always an album on the way, always will be. When he finally releases it no-one will remember who he is. At the very best he is selfish child.

oh shut up mr. bitter man. you don't know him and he doesn't owe you anything. grow up.

I have no clue.

Either the divorce-bit was completely untrue, or to some extent true minus some sort of dry humor. Or attempt at it. Because if there actually has been one, he needs to mature a bit on his humor, to say the least.

Plus, he either shouldn't have given the interview, or he should have taken it more serious. There's not much in between, imo. But hey, I haven't got much information to go with here. Still enough to judge him anyways. One word essentially made the entire story: divorce.

*goes back to judging the guy*

Guest hahathhat

he's got three mortgages on his fanbase at this point. if he doesn't show some income soon, the fans will repossess his bank.

Archived