IGNORED

Aphex Twin interview 2011 @ Sonar

Herr Jan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CapriBuddha

Wow, is anyone else struck by just how utterly insane all this chatter is? RDJ's fans could've built the pyramid of Giza in the time they've all spent gossiping and speculating and waffling about his music. I mean, what is it about this guy that's so endlessy fascinating? There's been countless other composers over the years who've made equally original and mind-blowing music... in fact most of RDJ's music is pretty dull and fades quickly in interest after the first listen.

The xltronic thread "the truth on Richard James"... it sparked 4 freaking pages of comments?? What in the hell? We all just need to chill out, go make some tea, and most of all, go do something a bit more fucking constructive!

This interview fucking blows. It's the kind of interview you get when you're questioning a public official who is quickly running through the airport gate to get to an important meeting. Not that i think i deserve any thing,, i'm kind of just mad at the OP for no reason.

Wow, is anyone else struck by just how utterly insane all this chatter is? RDJ's fans could've built the pyramid of Giza in the time they've all spent gossiping and speculating and waffling about his music. I mean, what is it about this guy that's so endlessy fascinating? There's been countless other composers over the years who've made equally original and mind-blowing music... in fact most of RDJ's music is pretty dull and fades quickly in interest after the first listen.

The xltronic thread "the truth on Richard James"... it sparked 4 freaking pages of comments?? What in the hell? We all just need to chill out, go make some tea, and most of all, go do something a bit more fucking constructive!

You clearly underestimate the kind of work it takes to build pyramids like Giza. Especially when you take into account the amount and the kind of people which get the honor to be RDJ fan. I don't see them pulling huge blocks of stone up some hill.

The xlt-thread is a classic, btw. It deserves 4 freaking pages.

Do you blame him for disliking his fanbase? If I spend too much time on watmm, I start to hate us, too

er, but you're like by far the worst offender.

For what? Making cock jokes and saying he has pretty hair?

I'm just saying, that the level of stalky bullshit and personal hostility that I've had from this board, for the crime of being a silly fangirl that likes to make cock jokes- if that's the level of projection and aggression people here treat me, for *liking* him, I can't imagine how much worse people treat him, for *being* him.

Didn't you claim to write some kind of aphex sexual fanfiction or was that just a bad joke?

Dude, I hate to break your brain, but there have been entire Aphex Twin fanfiction *communities* on LJ and elsewhere. Why, do you want an invite? Or you can search on A03, you might get lucky, don't know if the other authors are still active.

I fail, however, to see what on earth fan *fiction* has to do with "stalking". Unless you don't actually know what FF is.

Now maybe you can stop the Mary Whitehouse pearl-clutching and we can go back to discussing the interview?

I'm still trying to imagine what RDJ + Kate Bush would sound like. I don't feel like this concept has been entirely processed yet.

I don't think that it has anything to do with stalking, I just find it uncomfortably excessive. Why are you bitching to me about stalking comments I have never made?

Also, wtf? I wasn't being rude to you, I was asking a question and you respond with this shit? Why?

Guest Masonic Boom

Aw man, I just spent the 90s building this monster, and now we gotta build another pyramid? Jeez...

4361831155_07727f9c13.jpg

Guest mafted

There's been countless other composers over the years who've made equally original and mind-blowing music...

as far as electronic music goes, i completely disagree with you.

every single AFX interview i've read sounds like him taking the piss and just having a good time saying whatever hilarious lies come to his mind in real-time. The most 'normal' interview i've ever seen of his are the ones on video, where he seems too nervous or awkward to turn up the sarcasm to 11, those are probably the most 'genuine'. Even ones where he is more low key and not saying his fans are shit, etc he'll say somehting totally out of left field that will make me call the entire interview into question, for instance he once said one of his favorite bands were Oasis because he thought they were a lot like the Beatles...???!?! i mean for fucks sake that HAS to be a joke, if it's not i'd be absolutely shocked.

Guest hahathhat

Awww, look. The little dudes are actually trying to *neg* me. Isn't that sweet? Protip, guys: if you don't want to look like *you're* the ones with the creepy crush, don't follow a girl round a board hollering her name and posting her picture, OK? That PUA shit don't work like it does in the movies. And it's fucking BORING to everyone else on the board.

this brand of narcissism is reserved for the sort of chick that goes to sci-fi cons merely because she knows awkward nerds will fawn over her -- attention she cannot get anywhere else, due to being ugly or fat or something.

Awww, look. The little dudes are actually trying to *neg* me. Isn't that sweet? Protip, guys: if you don't want to look like *you're* the ones with the creepy crush, don't follow a girl round a board hollering her name and posting her picture, OK? That PUA shit don't work like it does in the movies. And it's fucking BORING to everyone else on the board.

this brand of narcissism is reserved for the sort of chick that goes to sci-fi cons merely because she knows awkward nerds will fawn over her -- attention she cannot get anywhere else, due to being ugly or fat or something.

Ouch

This.

well yeah, aphex has an image as a result of his anti image. His un-image has an image. I agree. Its just a subtler this way.. Doesn't attract the crowds. The music does the talking mostly. Not that the tank and the homemade equipment and the lies and his horror face aren't an image. Its just not 'hey look at me, look at how cute I am' image which is the default these days.

Archived