IGNORED

just had a *high* thot

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

what if this environmentalism thing is in fact wrong?

What if we assumed that nature will adapt to the changes humans and other species have inflicted on it as it has for millions of years, meaning we don't have to worry about damaging the planet beyond repair because it will fix itself OR when those markets crash and companies fail industry reorganizes into new companies (probably with the same leaders lol) that either reverses affects of new creation (ex. more carbon dioxide in air, greatly reduced ozone layer, worldwide flood, basically anything actually causing the environment to grievously alter it's current state of living (my new definition), or come up with a way to sell ways to deal with it?

whaaaaat?

Guest elliot

i cant find a decent source but slavoj zizek's thoughts on the matter are pretty interesting,well atleast they address your question

so, now that high-dog is out of the way... what do you mean by environmentalism? are you just talking about the notion that protecting the earth's environment is important? or some other, more extreme version of the word?

the planet will outlive humanity's stay on it, i'm pretty certain of that - but i wouldn't dismiss attempts to protect the environment (that is, the environment that 1] gave us the chance to exist and 2] currently makes for a pretty nice place for our species to kick it) just because nature is stronger than anything we can temporarily impose on it. that's kinda (kinda) the same logic as "well i think it's OK to rob [department store] because i mean it doesn't actually hurt anyone when I do it, and it's not like the store is going to go out of business" - that might be true if you're the consumer but that doesn't make the justification a good one.

idk

im dang high

Guest hahathhat

for all i know the moon is just a giant painted backdrop planted by teh cia. never set foot on the fucker myself

perhaps you are destined to become a luddite.

if not, plz continue enjoying the infiltration you have asked upon yourself by using and owning a computer for various leisurely activities :sorcerer:

about that environment: seems to me a good way to save it would be to embrace non-wasteful technologies and buy your veggies locally

peace bro

what if this environmentalism thing is in fact wrong?

What if we assumed that nature will adapt to the changes humans and other species have inflicted on it as it has for millions of years, meaning we don't have to worry about damaging the planet beyond repair because it will fix itself OR when those markets crash and companies fail industry reorganizes into new companies (probably with the same leaders lol) that either reverses affects of new creation (ex. more carbon dioxide in air, greatly reduced ozone layer, worldwide flood, basically anything actually causing the environment to grievously alter it's current state of living (my new definition), or come up with a way to sell ways to deal with it?

whaaaaat?

isn't this exactly what I said in my ice-age thread about self-regulating systems?

so, now that high-dog is out of the way... what do you mean by environmentalism? are you just talking about the notion that protecting the earth's environment is important? or some other, more extreme version of the word?

the planet will outlive humanity's stay on it, i'm pretty certain of that - but i wouldn't dismiss attempts to protect the environment (that is, the environment that 1] gave us the chance to exist and 2] currently makes for a pretty nice place for our species to kick it) just because nature is stronger than anything we can temporarily impose on it. that's kinda (kinda) the same logic as "well i think it's OK to rob [department store] because i mean it doesn't actually hurt anyone when I do it, and it's not like the store is going to go out of business" - that might be true if you're the consumer but that doesn't make the justification a good one.

idk

im dang high

He wouldn't be anti-environmentalism if he was dying from lead, mercury and PCB poisoning whilst simultaneously burning from falling rain and high energy coming through a gaping hole in the ozone layer.

His point that systems will reorganize, is manifest in the environmental movement itself. It is that reorganization. Get with the program hippy.

Archived