IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

6 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

You're making this the cover of your next ambient drone album, right ?

i think my ambient drone album art would be a pic of me rolling my eyes. 

ding & eassae your photos are incroyable, it's making me want to get back on the grind proper. taking photos with a cellphone is no beuno. it's hard to steady the shot, hard to focus, doesn't feel right in my hands. tempted to try getting my camera repaired or even get a new camera before mr. trudeau turns off the money faucet for real. photography was one of my main reasons for going outside previous to my camera being donked by turtles

My condolences for your loss, losing a camera really sucks. And yes, cellphone photography is especially difficult because you can't really change up the camera settings (there are photo apps that allow more tweaking but it's not right). I guess you can still make cool things if you edit the pictures a lot. Hope you get back to making photos, I always enjoyed them.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

My condolences for your loss, losing a camera really sucks. And yes, cellphone photography is especially difficult because you can't really change up the camera settings (there are photo apps that allow more tweaking but it's not right). I guess you can still make cool things if you edit the pictures a lot. Hope you get back to making photos, I always enjoyed them.

yeah, it was an artform i particularly enjoyed engaging with because for me personally it always felt more extroverted than my usual creative pursuits, more worldly. like if music is usually very much about looking inward, expressing my own feelings; then photography was more like being a journalistic, interacting with the world as a human rather than an owen

cellphone photography can be fun in the sense that it gives you limitations to work with, but sometimes those limitations are annoying. the autofocus on my phone is quite bad, for example, and basically doesn't allow for macro shots or anything like that

34 minutes ago, eassae said:

I've heard some argue that spending too much time behind a camera takes you out of the present moment, but most of the time I felt it made me pay a little more attention and look a little closer at things

i've heard that arguement as well, and i think it really is something that has to be broken down in terms of case-by-case motivation. like for some i could certainly see it leading to a quantifying mindset - they're walking around, seeing everything in terms of the number of likes & reblogs it could get on social media. An extreme example of this would be instagram models of every sort, where so many shots are meant to affect this feeling of "just out here bein' me, livin' life, not a care in the world & someone happened to take a photo". When of course the reality is that for the ones who've made a vocation out of it, all of these photos are entirely staged, taken in batch & released piecemeal in order to give the illusion of a rich & vibrant life. poses, angles, objects & aesthetics are adopted solely corresponding to what the clickthrough data is saying results in maximum audience retention.

But I think for other people, for us, photography is entirely different. it gives me a reason for being more focused on my immediate environment, rather than off in my head somewhere. it makes life feel like a treasure hunt - i'm constantly on the lookout for a view that will transform a mundane environment into a magical space. i like that idea - that there's a beautiful world hidden all over the place, that exists in the cracks of the boring world. you just have to see things from the right angle - and the more you're able to do that, the easier it gets. when i've been really on with my photography practice it gets to the point where i feel like i can just look in any random direction & see a cool photo waiting to be taken.

• Like 1

that pic makes no sense btw: 2 cheese graters, fx pedal next to food, pesto hummus, 2 different kinds of cereal, dirty dishes in the most random spot, a pizza box that was apparently kept as a souvenir, pesto hummus, kitchenware and food all mixed up, three different spots for pasta, a liberated pack of butter, an afro comb, bandages, a mic cable, garbage bin right in front the stove and the laundry basket full of dirty clothes right in the middle of the kitchen because that's where it belongs. what a fucking mess

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1