IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

1 minute ago, oscillik said:

I think I'm gonna try and get out after dark to get some more

i've been feeling the urge to do more active photo taking lately as well. pretty much happens every june - it's too nice out to want to work on music much, so all my creative energy starts going into outdoorsy things.

taking phone photos is still pretty annoying but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

America. A rotting infrastructure full of people trying to fuck you 

F3E13B68-C1AD-41F3-BAA0-D1B11282A7A8.jpeg

I need to come to that place again. It is a beautiful place. The metropolis regions interest me the most. The rats, the dirt, the shamelessness. I want to speak English like an American. I would be the archetypical American, which is an immigrant. I would be a different kind of American, but I will be American. The first thing that struck me about New York City was its enormousness - the endless grid of streets stretching into the distance; the skyscrapers that seemed as tall as mountains; the crowds of people rushing around everywhere as if they were always late for something important; and most surprising to me, their language: English! Many Americans speak another language - Spanish, which I have been trying to learn for many years now but make very slow progress due to lack of exposure and practice. And so I have come to New York, in the hope that it will accelerate my language learning (which didn't work out as well as I hoped, unfortunately).

The second thing that struck me about New York City was its meanness - the rudeness of strangers and the disdainful looks of people on the street; the indifference of shopkeepers and taxi drivers; and most surprising to me, New Yorkers’ lack of interest in anything or anyone who is not a part of their immediate circle: everyone has a cell phone glued to their ear or a Bluetooth device stuck on their ear - even if they are with someone else! At the same time there is an extreme openness to strangers, people are talking to each other on the street, in a way that is very unusual in my country. But despite all this New York City is not an unfriendly place. I have found it to be full of warmth and goodwill, unlike any other city I have ever visited - in spite of its rudeness.

The third thing that struck me about New York City was its dirtiness - the garbage on the streets; the filth on the subway platforms; and most surprising to me, how easily people accept this kind of dirtiness as an inevitable part of life. The fact that they do not notice it or seem bothered by it surprises me deeply!

Yes, I love America and I love New York City. It is the city that I have always fantasised of living in, and yet it is a city full of paradoxes and conflicts - a perfect place for everyone to find their voice, so it seems. On the other hand, New York City is not perfect. There are many things that I don’t like about it and I want to see them changed.

The first thing I would change is the language. It is impossible to live in America without speaking English! I have been learning English for many years now, but my progress has been slow because of lack of practice. The only way to learn a language is by practicing it every day, as if you were a child again - with no shame or embarrassment. That’s what babies do: they play with sounds until they become words and then sentences! And then one day you wake up and realize that your vocabulary has grown exponentially overnight! You suddenly find yourself talking like an American - a different kind of American.

The English language is a project, a continuous process everyone in the world can contribute to, not only white Americans, but also immigrants and English speakers all around the world. It is an enormous project, no doubt about it, but it is a beautiful project, and I have become very aware of my limitations in trying to contribute to it. But the fact that I am writing this sentence in English proves that something has changed in me. The process has begun and it cannot be stopped! English is a world language in progress, and America is the perfect place to synthesise it and create a blueprint for the entire planet.

America is a melting pot (I am deeply sorry for using this word since it is such a cliché now) - a place where people come from all over the world to start over, to reinvent themselves. It is a place where immigrants can transform their dreams into reality, but it is also a deep abyss where people fall into it and disappear - becoming homeless, addicted to drugs or committing suicide. It is a place where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, where more than half of the population live below the poverty line. But there is something that keeps them alive: hope!

And that’s what I want to see in New York City - not all this dirtiness and meanness but also hope! And not only in New York City but everywhere in America. And I want to be part of this process (after I found my belt of course).

One day I will come back to America, and I hope that it will be the America that I dream of. The one that is in my imagination.

If not, I will just invent it.

I will make a new America in my mind and I will call it “The Land of Hope”.

This is my story, this is the story of a little rat who dreams of the stars.

• Like 1

Unbenannt.jpg.c9cbf706f32a2a24f79fea97aac30dc6.jpg

The updates could not be downloaded to my personal computer. It is possible that they were downloaded by a virus, or some other malicious software, maybe?

I have run Malwarebytes, and it did not find any problems.

I also ran a Windows repair, but this did not solve the problem.

How do I fix this?

/hint to self

It is the beautiful colour of blue. The colour of safety, of the sky, of the police (dangerous) and of the most famous man in the world, Mr. T (safety).

It is a colour associated with purity and constancy, and even with heaven itself. It is also a colour that is almost impossible to capture on film, the reason why I have chosen this picture for you to see.

Blue reminds me of my earliest days as a child, when I was innocent and happy.

When I look at this picture I want to feel safe, like a child again. I want to go back to a time when I was happy.

It reminds me of summer holidays in Greece and the colour of the sea and skies there.

Blue is also a calming colour that can cool down people who are overheated or agitated with anger or frustration.