IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

also opened an instagram but god, that website is so terrible, too bad it's the only one with an audience.

I'm really close to deleting my Instagram account again (yeah I've done it once before). It's a bloated mess now, and when the only compelling reason to stay on a platform is the amount of potential reach, that's not really a good enough reason to stay in my opinion.

I've been posting stuff more on VSCO lately - the app is much more streamlined, and has none of the bullshit that Instagram has. It also has better image quality.

There are also way less vapid posts on there.

@crypto: Very interesting impressions of a place somewhere across the pacific. I especially like the pic with the construction site in the dark. Pretty interesting and unique colour editing too

@romanticdude: love the minimalism of the first pic

@osc: Is this the VSCO that makes the film emulation presets for Lightroom?

@crypto: Very interesting impressions of a place somewhere across the pacific. I especially like the pic with the construction site in the dark. Pretty interesting and unique colour editing too

@romanticdude: love the minimalism of the first pic

@osc: Is this the VSCO that makes the film emulation presets for Lightroom?

Yeah, there's the VSCO app for iOS and Android - to access, upload to, and use the image sharing platform on there is free

You can pay a yearly subscription to get access to more filters built into the app, but that's not necessary to use the image sharing

cool pic, which city is that?

the sky-bridges are a dead giveaway to anyone whose been there.

also his location gives it away, methinks

It's downtown Minneapolis, known for the Skyways as Marked said...

"The Minneapolis Skyway System is an interlinked collection of enclosed pedestrian footbridges that connect various buildings in 80 full city blocks over 11 miles (18 km) of Downtown Minneapolis, enabling people to walk in climate-controlled comfort year-round." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis_Skyway_System

also, nice shots

Edited by ghOsty

• 2 weeks later...

8ekGJHZ.jpg

darreichungsform supplied one of his photos for a techno release im putting out, looks amazing. 

Looks nice, I like how your graphic designer edited it :)

birds.jpg

flower01.jpg

weirdplant02.jpg

swallow01.jpg

orchidaee01.jpg

windmill01.jpg

weirdplant03.jpg

orchidaee02.jpg

flower02.jpg

deadfly01.jpg

WOW.  Absolutely beautiful.  Also is that dust a part of the photographs or a part of the scan?

Thanks. Honestly it's all fake. I saw someone posting film scans and thought it looks cool so I faked it in photoshop  :biggrin:  It's kinda lame but why not. But I will stick to not doing that

• 2 weeks later...

I like the colours and subjects but the blacks are a bit too gray for my taste! Makes it look like some Instagram filter. But especially the last pic could be great if the dynamics would be more natural. But that's of course subjective

yeah you're right. one of the tweaks i do is pull up the whites of the blacks in the histogram and i guess I've been doing it so much that i raised my tolerance for it so right now i cannot tell if its too much. its probably also because i have my phone luminosity too low so i cannot judge it that well. but anyway, I'm glad we're on the same page... :^)

I like the colours and subjects but the blacks are a bit too gray for my taste! Makes it look like some Instagram filter. But especially the last pic could be great if the dynamics would be more natural. But that's of course subjective

yeah you're right. one of the tweaks i do is pull up the whites of the blacks in the histogram and i guess I've been doing it so much that i raised my tolerance for it so right now i cannot tell if its too much. its probably also because i have my phone luminosity too low so i cannot judge it that well. but anyway, I'm glad we're on the same page... :^)

I know exactly what you mean, that's really a problem when editing pics: Your eye gets used to the setting you chose and then you tend to add more of it until you overdo it. I'm guilty of that too