IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Some photos I took during college over the last 2 years including 'Here' which I exhibited at the end of year show. All shot on 35mm colour film except the 'Hello Cork' album which is digital.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125310307@N02/sets

If anyone else is on Flickr feel free to add me.

Some photos I took during college over the last 2 years including 'Here' which I exhibited at the end of year show. All shot on 35mm colour film except the 'Hello Cork' album which is digital.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125310307@N02/sets

If anyone else is on Flickr feel free to add me.

Film..... so.... lush....... choking on..... pointlessly high aesthetic abstract shots..... must..... contain...... spitz......... gaaaaaaagh..... .. . . .. . .

Processing photos- will post something soon. p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. RONG RIBU FIRUMU AESSECHIKKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So from ultra hi-tech Tokyo, a couple weeks ago I went out ze booniez of Japan, fuckin' abandoned houses and population of ~50 kind of town... Pretty badass. Land is cheap, so I'm thinking about moving someplace like ze Japan booniez- cuz you can buy a massive house with farmland for the price of a Tokyo closet.

Anyway.....

Some pics!

yamanashi-01.jpg

yamanashi-02.jpg

yamanashi-03.jpg

yamanashi-04.jpg

yeah i was watching NHK the other day and they had a report on how they are trying to convince aging citizens of contracting towns to move elsewhere or at least move within the town into a population cluster. This is due to lower revenues on property taxes making it too expensive to keep up these large areas of urban environment with such low population densities. Seemed a bit much telling above 80's that they have to move somewhere that they've been all their lives though. Government can just wait it out, they'll move on eventually.

And then at some point many of the younger generation that are not getting what they hoped for from the cities will start spreading out into the countryside. Like peace should surely do if he can find a nice little village somewhere with hills or mountains with nature on and running water and lush soil and an house that isn't prone to landslides or flash flooding. heh.

love the spider & the alien

you guys are helping my (only slightly recently) lack of ego. only had the camera a few weeks and still trying to learn how to match aperture with shutter speed & ISO etc..

anyone want an album cover they are welcome to one, ive got loads of weird ones like that

Edited by lala

yeah i was watching NHK the other day and they had a report on how they are trying to convince aging citizens of contracting towns to move elsewhere or at least move within the town into a population cluster. This is due to lower revenues on property taxes making it too expensive to keep up these large areas of urban environment with such low population densities. Seemed a bit much telling above 80's that they have to move somewhere that they've been all their lives though. Government can just wait it out, they'll move on eventually.

And then at some point many of the younger generation that are not getting what they hoped for from the cities will start spreading out into the countryside. Like peace should surely do if he can find a nice little village somewhere with hills or mountains with nature on and running water and lush soil and an house that isn't prone to landslides or flash flooding. heh.

Yah, well eventually some shit is gonna explode or whatever, because Tokyo is fucking dense and prices are retarded. But apparently, there are people who are coming to Tokyo for education, then going back to the country side for whatever. Some places outside of Tokyo feel like the promised land, where everything is still sincere and full of heart. Like I went to a place that had a small shopping area and a cafe, and the woman working at the cafe had cafe vibez. It was like cafe vibez in late 90's, far before Starbucks became mainstream and every single fucking person went to cafes. Markets there had cheap fruit/veg from local farmers, cheap fish, etc. Obviously, because there is high nature and cheap prices in those places, it will prolly eventually be flooded by hipsters or someshit, within the next 15 years. But still, land o' opportunity indeed- especially if work can be done via internet. Like where hardoff lives, that dude is paying like $400 USD equiv. for a 9 bedroom house. NINE BEDROOM. In Tokyo for that price, you have to rent a closet, with a shared bathroom/shower area or something like that. Doesnt, make, sense. Only downside to country is being 1.5+ hours from central Tokyo, and needing of a car or at least bicycle, cuz markets are far away. And it's kind of surreal, because due to the amount of land in the country side, the roads are wide, and shops have huge parking lots, which is not common in Tokyo-- surreal part is that it feels like a movie set of suburban USA, like how the infrastructure is setup. Was looking at Tokyo apartments/houses, and one that was 1200~1600 sq ft or something- granted it was nice- but it was like 1.3 million dollars. You could buy a massive farm in Texas for that price. Or in Japan coutry, you could literally buy a mountain side or whole mountain.

Edited by peace 7

yeah, eventually you would think that the tokyoites will discover the countryside. And if they don't well it's nice having them all packed away in their ratboxes whilst you enjoy the fresh air, fresh veges and being fresh outta hell.

[-; :: ;-]

Yah, well eventually some shit is gonna explode or whatever, because Tokyo is fucking dense and prices are retarded. But apparently, there are people who are coming to Tokyo for education, then going back to the country side for whatever. Some places outside of Tokyo feel like the promised land, where everything is still sincere and full of heart. Like I went to a place that had a small shopping area and a cafe, and the woman working at the cafe had cafe vibez. It was like cafe vibez in late 90's, far before Starbucks became mainstream and every single fucking person went to cafes. Markets there had cheap fruit/veg from local farmers, cheap fish, etc. Obviously, because there is high nature and cheap prices in those places, it will prolly eventually be flooded by hipsters or someshit, within the next 15 years. But still, land o' opportunity indeed- especially if work can be done via internet. Like where hardoff lives, that dude is paying like $400 USD equiv. for a 9 bedroom house. NINE BEDROOM. In Tokyo for that price, you have to rent a closet, with a shared bathroom/shower area or something like that. Doesnt, make, sense. Only downside to country is being 1.5+ hours from central Tokyo, and needing of a car or at least bicycle, cuz markets are far away. And it's kind of surreal, because due to the amount of land in the country side, the roads are wide, and shops have huge parking lots, which is not common in Tokyo-- surreal part is that it feels like a movie set of suburban USA, like how the infrastructure is setup. Was looking at Tokyo apartments/houses, and one that was 1200~1600 sq ft or something- granted it was nice- but it was like 1.3 million dollars. You could buy a massive farm in Texas for that price. Or in Japan coutry, you could literally buy a mountain side or whole mountain.

i want to go live in japan for as long as i can on a visa, had a girlfriend for 6 years and find the culture fascinating

where would you recommend to live to get a good bang for buck? a friends brother lives in kyoto, but that looks mileage (i want to hang in tokyo for nightlife)

ive got ~£1500/month about maybe more maybe less depending on factors

oh:307yf87.jpg

10pbnm1.jpg

still trying to learn focus stacking, and hands are too shaky/windy/insects moving to use higher than F5.6 atm. even with flash. some people i know use F11! else this last one would have been a beaut if i could have got his eyes. they are hard buggers to get!

2v3llqa.jpg

i want to go live in japan for as long as i can on a visa, had a girlfriend for 6 years and find the culture fascinating

where would you recommend to live to get a good bang for buck? a friends brother lives in kyoto, but that looks mileage (i want to hang in tokyo for nightlife)

ive got ~£1500/month about maybe more maybe less depending on factors

With 1500 pundz/month, you could straight up live in central Tokyo. Or at least around, and still have money left over for partying or whatever. You can find a decent place for 500 pounds (like a 1 room + dining room), but with without living visa, it's hard to find a long term place. The cheapest in Tokyo, is maybe something like 250 pounds, but you might have to use a shared bathroom or something like that (and it'd be just a closet you walk into, basically). That being said, I know people who are doing air bnb over here, so if you need a place and are coming over for a short time, lemme know, and I might be able to hook you up at one of their apartments. OR, just lookup air bnb places in Tokyo.

Bang for buck is definitely like 1+ hours outside of Tokyo, but inside Tokyo... for rentals, just find a place nearby central Tokyo, but sort of on the outskirts, kind of a walk from the nearest station-- but again, near impossible to get an actual apartment on a visitor 3 month visa, without mad hookups (or air bnb).

p.s. For focus stacking, you might be able to get away with something like crispest of your lens, f11 or whatever, then just take one more at f2 or whatever bokehlicious, then use PS to fake da tingz. Obviously, this is kind of shit, but it could be faster than taking 15 f1.2 shots. But for that one shot perfection, manual focus or assisted manual is best for me (assisted= auto to nearest focus point, then manual onto eyeball).

Edited by peace 7

@ vertical hold: you can get the flash (mx30 mk1 speedlite something) which can , for £80 at low power flash at burst speed or thereabouts, and just take loads of them, but you can break it apparently if you overdo it.....grrrr... the newer one has protection but you have to be rich to buy it. it can help greatly with getting a crisp shot.

im betting canon comes out with an autostack mode in a camera soon. but it will be high end

my Fstop is on a wheel, i think id lose the image easier than just moving back and forth and taking loads of shots :shrug: i'll give it a go tho and my auto focus is BAD. it goes backwards half the time. its stupid and 2nd hand maybe faulty.... manual is so much better for me. and does that beeeep when its in focus :]

as for japan, i can get a 6 month visa. and that would be awesome if you could hook me up. i have some friends there but im not sure where they live. one in osaka another in kyoto.. which seems quite far out. i want to be in the crazyville for a bit

Edited by lala