IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

do you think I would benefit from getting an IS lens?     ive heard conflicting stuff (from camera-sluts forums)  

Maybe I can rent one now im in london and take for test drive 

do you think I would benefit from getting an IS lens?     ive heard conflicting stuff (from camera-sluts forums)  

I dunno if you'd benefit or not. My comment was more on the sharpness considering you're not using IS.

I dunno if you'd benefit or not. My comment was more on the sharpness considering you're not using IS.

Yeah I meant that, i want to use less flash & open the lens for longer but its hard

also, IS is independent from AF isnt it, because i use manual focus

Edited by lala

Just a quick phone camera shot, I didn't have my nicer camera on me. No filter or anything.

This is the Tularosa Basin as seen from the US Hwy 82 tunnel in the Sacremento Mountains, halfway between Cloudcroft and Alamagordo New Mexico, a 16 mile route that drops from 8600 to 4500 ft. 

Sunsets are always stunning from this view but that day was particularly hazy and it rain had moved out from the famed White Sands monument heading north. It literally looked like the horizon was turning into orange julius slush / molten lava. This doesn't do it justice but it captures how cool it looked.

14079934_10108071037677670_4839189755303

Edited by joshuatx

that was taken in sipoo, in a place called Pilvijärvi (cloud lake), about 30 min from Helsinki. This coming winter should be a good year to catch northern lights. Seeing them is easy, you just have to go to northern parts of USA, or maybe Canada. 

tumblr_ocxsq3f8ts1sy0hjno1_1280.jpg