IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Guest Mirezzi

Sorry, folks. I haven't pulled out my Nikon in earnest for a few months. It's been woeful.

Nonetheless, here is my daughter at the park yesterday in all her iPhone glory!

greta-swing-manito-800.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

Indeed. The best comments this photo received from Facebook included:

"Is she wearing a Hannibal Lecter mask?

"I think that's the swing set outside the Overlook Hotel."

Guest umop_apisdn
umop_

i'm intrigued by your lizard pics

how many critters do you own? what sorts?

and what camera did you use?

Sorry, missed that before the last post.

The pics of the flat-tailed geckos (genus Uroplatus) are the only ones of 'my' critters...with exception of a couple of chameleons and that green guy with the open mouth (knight anole). I have roughly 20 of the Uroplatus, but the number fluctuates as they breed and I sell offspring.

The vast majority of my critter photos are wildlife. The chameleons/knight anole were non-native species my friends and I picked up out of the wild from our trip to south Florida.

I've been using my Canon T2i for a couple of years now. Especially with the reptile/amphibian portraiture, I most often use my 50mm lens and light the subject with one of my two homemade light diffusers (flatter shadows are accomplished by this ugly thing, which mocks either a ring light or a macro twin lite: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikedmartin/6609859711/, whereas a similar dome without the hollow center and the flash inserted into the center leaves a little more shadow/texture).

Edited by umop_apisdn

It's not a great photo technically: the lighting is all weird, the focus is a little off and the composition is far too claustrophobic but there's just something I like by the way it came out. I think I like the way that you'd have no idea what decade it could have been taken in -

53956859e8a74e1381b6f4dcf12f83ee.JPEG