IGNORED

pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

Nice, never shot with polaroid, must be fun and I like square format a lot.

It's lichen  :mu-ziq:

It's not so much the square framing that draws me to it, it's the quality of the image. There's this lovely milkiness to the highlights with the B&W film, and a nice subtle grain. My favourite film is the yellow duochrome, but that's getting very difficult to get hold of now since Polaroid Originals don't make it anymore (I'm hoping they'll fix that, since they re-released the old Impossible Project blue and pink duochrome films under the Polaroid Originals brand).

The lens on the SX-70 is so fucking sharp though.

I'm sure it is hard if not barely possible to simulate the distortions of real polaroid film with Lightroom or Photoshop exactly as they are, but I'm think there is a lot you can do to achieve effects that are at least similar. But that is some work plus the tools you use to create your images influence the creative process. You wouldn't take the same pictures with a DSLR that you would take with a Polaroid camera just because of the different ways of usage, different speed, different handling etc. I'm really interested in trying that. But what I imagine being even more fun is doing analogue photos and messing with the film in the darkroom during the development process, sprinkle salt on it, dodge and burn it in weird ways, etc. Fortunately we are blessed with digital photography and software, tho

this thread is p cool, quality stuffs on the last pages...

moar amateur phone pix w against-the-odds lighting

S1G1O7Cpz.jpeg

S1efkOQRpz.jpeg

HJWfk_m0pM.jpeg

B1fzJdQRpG.jpeg

rJXfJuQC6G.jpeg

HyVzkuXApz.jpeg

rySGyuQCTG.jpeg

i wish this thread loaded faster on my old-ass netbook :'(

@osc: i rly like your use of light//dark, and the geometry of your layouts on the urban shots

@darreichungsform: some of your shots have a very nice grimey//lived-in kind of feeling...that first shot on this page (above the moon picture) in particular really reminds me of the feeling of living in small canadian towns in the fall. desolation & loneliness in the beauty of nature kinda

@phling: that one shot of the fern coming out of the rubbery stuff, and the fingergun in the sun :)

http://world3.tk/img.html

here's the first batch of shots i've taken with the new camera after a yearish break from photog! mostly these are all from wednesday, when I took a quarter tab of acid & wandered around town for hours taking hundreds of shots.

photography has been really speaking to me again lately. really wanting to explore this a lot & develop my voice with this medium

@osc: i rly like your use of light//dark, and the geometry of your layouts on the urban shots

@darreichungsform: some of your shots have a very nice grimey//lived-in kind of feeling...that first shot on this page (above the moon picture) in particular really reminds me of the feeling of living in small canadian towns in the fall. desolation & loneliness in the beauty of nature kinda

@phling: that one shot of the fern coming out of the rubbery stuff, and the fingergun in the sun :)

here's the first batch of shots i've taken with the new camera after a yearish break from photog! mostly these are all from wednesday, when I took a quarter tab of acid & wandered around town for hours taking hundreds of shots.

photography has been really speaking to me again lately. really wanting to explore this a lot & develop my voice with this medium

Thanks! I've slowed down on the architecture a bit, since I've shot most of the stuff that I dig in Liverpool / Manchester. I'll probably get some more once I branch out a bit and go to different places. Doing lots more urban back alleys and graff stuff lately. And of course the music stuff.

Checking out your new shots, I can definitely still see your style in there, always reminded me of top-down isometric games, the kind of angles you get. Very cool stuff!

I love your shots. Very minimalistic and pleasing to the eye.

Favourite might be this:

pcjpUX3.jpg

Crazy pics all

Darreichsformung what camera do you use?

I use a 77D. 24MP is ridiculous but useful if you wanna crop. I mostly use a 100m macro lens and Lightroom for editing

Crazy light. Taken with phone? I think you could make them even more surreal looking by some slight editing. I think there is a possibility to shoot in RAW even with the phone, that gives you the ability to bring back the over- and underexposed areas

The green stuff is a close-up of water bubbles in a green bucket while water is poured into it.

That was just bubbles in a bucket? Got some crazy textures out of it. :)

Yeah all my pics are from my Pixel 2 phone. The RAW thing I've never looked at, and tbh doubt I would really spend that much time editing, though I guess I should consider it, or at least see if I can. I do plan on editing those photos (or others I didn't post) for upcoming music artwork.

http://world3.tk/img1.html

batch two comin with that O.G. brew

http://picosong.com/wcnQn

(if u r not listening to anything rn i would suggest playing this in the background while you look at the pix, it's kind of like the build your own sundae station equivalent of a music video)

whereas i feel like the first batch was me focusing more on geometry, this time around i was more drawn to texture. i want to further play with the "take a picture of the computer screen showing the picture & use that as the picture instead" gimmick further bcuz i'm sure there's a lot of ways that concept could be expanded upon + it feels in line with my ongoing exploration of generational digital degradation in music

Cryptowen - really digging those, and can see the style you're known for in there. Love these shots!

Here's some recent ones I did.

31718728_578181729223484_668028854188218

32203062_104573580405677_150012625279359

32899695_368676650289987_145443222887543

33036371_1314198972058391_20104550185235

32951944_1989947061255763_80319908524589

33210319_619356701751582_333402054737264

thanks osc!

rly digging the spring shot in this latest batch (i thnk i'm a fan of high contrast when it manages to feel natural, like it dos here), and the two architecture shots below it. i've been finding myself compelled to take lots of shots of buildings & windows lately, still haven't quite captured whatever it is that's speaking to me (although there's a few contenders for the next batch currently!). imo a lot of it seems to come down to getting the lighting & the angle just right to create that neat "this almost looks like it could be an abstract geometric painting, but it's actually real" effect. the ones i mentioned in your post definitely have a neat thing going on with the shadow lines

thinking of possibly getting an instagram to post photos day by day (also because i tend to take a lot of shots of the same thing that i think are all nice, but only post one or two in the world3.tk collections, and maybe it would make more sense to post all the variations on an external social media platform). dunno yet...my aim is to get internet famous but also there still seems to be some personal appeal to the idea of just having a standalone website that barely anyone knows about

http://world3.tk/img1.html

batch two comin with that O.G. brew

http://picosong.com/wcnQn

(if u r not listening to anything rn i would suggest playing this in the background while you look at the pix, it's kind of like the build your own sundae station equivalent of a music video)

whereas i feel like the first batch was me focusing more on geometry, this time around i was more drawn to texture. i want to further play with the "take a picture of the computer screen showing the picture & use that as the picture instead" gimmick further bcuz i'm sure there's a lot of ways that concept could be expanded upon + it feels in line with my ongoing exploration of generational digital degradation in music

I like this trick you are talking about. I tried this too a couple of times but never got back to it. I think this pic profits from it especially:

7h5O3eO.jpg

"this almost looks like it could be an abstract geometric painting, but it's actually real" effect

I perceive good architecture shots exactly this way, I think oscilliks last pic very much falls under this category.

33210319_619356701751582_333402054737264

What's that thing in the upper left corner? Is that damaged film? Looks lush

Yeah, that's basically the reagent not merging well with the emulsion. Can be caused by a few things, most commonly by shaking the Polaroid whilst it's developing (thanks Andre3000 you prick), or bending accidentally whilst putting in a pocket. Because I was careful with this shot, I think the reagent pod must've been defective though, as I kept the photo under the film shield for a minute before putting into the empty box carefully to develop fully.

I'm not too precious about defects and stuff in Polaroid images, as that's part of the appeal of shooting with a format that can sometimes be inconsistent.