pics you took that you're pleased with

34 minutes ago, eassae said:

I've heard some argue that spending too much time behind a camera takes you out of the present moment, but most of the time I felt it made me pay a little more attention and look a little closer at things

i've heard that arguement as well, and i think it really is something that has to be broken down in terms of case-by-case motivation. like for some i could certainly see it leading to a quantifying mindset - they're walking around, seeing everything in terms of the number of likes & reblogs it could get on social media. An extreme example of this would be instagram models of every sort, where so many shots are meant to affect this feeling of "just out here bein' me, livin' life, not a care in the world & someone happened to take a photo". When of course the reality is that for the ones who've made a vocation out of it, all of these photos are entirely staged, taken in batch & released piecemeal in order to give the illusion of a rich & vibrant life. poses, angles, objects & aesthetics are adopted solely corresponding to what the clickthrough data is saying results in maximum audience retention.

But I think for other people, for us, photography is entirely different. it gives me a reason for being more focused on my immediate environment, rather than off in my head somewhere. it makes life feel like a treasure hunt - i'm constantly on the lookout for a view that will transform a mundane environment into a magical space. i like that idea - that there's a beautiful world hidden all over the place, that exists in the cracks of the boring world. you just have to see things from the right angle - and the more you're able to do that, the easier it gets. when i've been really on with my photography practice it gets to the point where i feel like i can just look in any random direction & see a cool photo waiting to be taken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few from recently and a couple from when the fires happened last year. I really need to get an actual camera.

Posted Images

Some photos from Iran. Just with the cheapo phone camera

IMG_20181202_163620.jpg

IMG_20181130_125640.jpg

IMG_20181127_124338.jpg

IMG_20181130_112607.jpg

• Like 11

Going through some old travel photos..

IMG_20190518_153722.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm unfamiliar with his work, but if it's anything like my living conditions I'll probably be okay with it.

Watch Shoplifters

that pic makes no sense btw: 2 cheese graters, fx pedal next to food, pesto hummus, 2 different kinds of cereal, dirty dishes in the most random spot, a pizza box that was apparently kept as a souvenir, pesto hummus, kitchenware and food all mixed up, three different spots for pasta, a liberated pack of butter, an afro comb, bandages, a mic cable, garbage bin right in front the stove and the laundry basket full of dirty clothes right in the middle of the kitchen because that's where it belongs. what a fucking mess

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Butter needs to be spread.  Fridge butter is a spreading nightmare.  The rest of your assessment is pretty spot on, though I'm a little disappointed you didn't spot the shortbread cookies.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

that pic makes no sense btw: 2 cheese graters, fx pedal next to food, pesto hummus, 2 different kinds of cereal, dirty dishes in the most random spot, a pizza box that was apparently kept as a souvenir, pesto hummus, kitchenware and food all mixed up, three different spots for pasta, a liberated pack of butter, an afro comb, bandages, a mic cable, garbage bin right in front the stove and the laundry basket full of dirty clothes right in the middle of the kitchen because that's where it belongs. what a fucking mess

Don't forget the dirty dishes on the bottom shelf of the kitchen cabinet

Also there's both a toaster and a toaster oven

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I think I spotted a christmas present that you've forgotten all about.

Is it the Line6 multi-distortion pedal?  Because I did kind of forget about it until I saw it in the picture.  Got it from someone off one of them craigslist type sites tho, not xmas.

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Such an ADHD looking house. You better get that organized and a proper hair cut.

I do think I have that, and also am in bad need of a hair cut.

34 minutes ago, xox said:

I don’t see monitors... 😕

Maybe I'll document that quarter today.  It's looking pretty good.

7 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Watch Shoplifters

I will!

21 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

There seems to be a still wrapped christmas present on the floor behind the water tank 

It is indeed delicious xmas baked goods!  I'm impressed they kept.  Thanks for finding them!

• Haha 4