pics you took that you're pleased with

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few from recently and a couple from when the fires happened last year. I really need to get an actual camera.

@oscillikhave you stopped posting your photos on IG? haven't seen anything there in a while   a few of mine from this year:

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

There seems to be a still wrapped christmas present on the floor behind the water tank 

It is indeed delicious xmas baked goods!  I'm impressed they kept.  Thanks for finding them!

• Haha 4
51 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

lol I have no idea what that is.  Will check when I make coffee if I remember.

if you can't find something you just photograph your apartment and we'll find it for you, no prob! :cisfor:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1
18 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I just realized how much trash is in front of the coffee maker

Where’s the coffee maker?!

edit: oh, i get it!
= you can’t see it from all those trash! Good one! 👍

Edited by xox

I'm curious which part is assumed to be my coffee maker.  I use the moka pot which is right beside its designated stove element.  I can't live with chaos.

Also, I washed my dishes shortly after taking the pic.  Admittedly it doesn't look much better.

• Like 1

Nope, that's a water dispenser holder thing holding a potted plant instead of a giant container of water.  My giant containers of water are on the floor.

13 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

that pic makes no sense btw: 2 cheese graters, fx pedal next to food, pesto hummus, 2 different kinds of cereal, dirty dishes in the most random spot, a pizza box that was apparently kept as a souvenir, pesto hummus, kitchenware and food all mixed up, three different spots for pasta, a liberated pack of butter, an afro comb, bandages, a mic cable, garbage bin right in front the stove and the laundry basket full of dirty clothes right in the middle of the kitchen because that's where it belongs. what a fucking mess

You forgot to mention the pesto hummus 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1
13 minutes ago, eassae said:

I disagree.

well obviously that depends on which part of the world you live in. where i came from your butter wouldn't survive an entire day out of the fridge, even in a butter dish

I've heard of butter going rancid, but I've never experienced it.  Refrigerating butter is one of the most irrational things I can think of.

• Like 1

You can buy butter that’s spreadable even taken directly from a refrigerator

It has a bit of oil and water added but that doesn’t affect the taste 

Edited by xox
  • Facepalm 1
3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

well obviously that depends on which part of the world you live in. where i came from your butter wouldn't survive an entire day out of the fridge, even in a butter dish

I'm sorry to hear that. There's nothing like soft butter and tasty bread.

3 hours ago, oscillik said:

20210108161520-DSCF0068-Edit-1080p.thumb.jpg.328db37a3579360a2259026483d4c747.jpg

Nice pic, but wrong thread! This thread is about butter now, sorry!

6 minutes ago, eassae said:

I'm sorry to hear that. There's nothing like soft butter and tasty bread.

or take just the amount you need and let it rest outside the fridge at least 30 min before consumption 

or if you have a microwave cook that portion for 5 seconds more or less, instant soft butter

19 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

or take just the amount you need and let it rest outside the fridge at least 30 min before consumption 

Before I discovered the easily spreadable butter i used to do this but more often id take a rectangularly shaped butter and sliced it vertically like a cheese; few millimeters tick slices that id cover a slice of bread with. It works!

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, xox said:

Before I discovered the easily spreadable butter i used to do this but more often id take a rectangularly shaped butter and sliced it vertically like a cheese; few millimeters tick slices that id cover a slice of bread with. It works!

classic

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, eassae said:

tasty bread

I heard bread in North America isn't good compared to European bread. It's spongy and homogenous, no bite, texture and substance. Indeed the bread is seen as a mere medium for the spread/fillings and not as a respectable and equal component of the food in its own right. There seems to be a general lack of respect for bread, which makes me very, very sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
2 hours ago, dingformung said:

I heard bread in North America isn't good compared to European bread. It's spongy and homogenous, no bite, texture and substance. Indeed the bread is seen as a mere medium for the spread/fillings and not as a respectable and equal component of the food in its own right. There seems to be a general lack of respect for bread, which makes me very, very sad.

True. You can't really call bread in North America bread.

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

or if you have a microwave cook that portion for 5 seconds more or less, instant soft butter

Option one: too much planning. Option two: inconsistent viscosity.