pics you took that you're pleased with

oscillik

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Desert burger looks very satisfying.  Many places to get burgers around here, but no deserts to eat them in.  Frustrating.

It was very tasty indeed 😋 

2 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

switzerland?

yep! thats like a half hour walk from my place. Kaienspitz it's called, beautiful place (out in the country)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

can i come live with you, like, forever? i'll do the shopping, the cooking and the cleaning. i can teach you music theory. please say yes.

I'm down but this is a region where we don't go shopping yet. It's all hunting and pretend folklore and at night we make hardcore techno and dance with the devil.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

16 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

I got into "proper-camera" photography in recent years. Here's some of my photos from my trip to Pakistan in 2018.

Great shots! What program do you use for your post processing? DSLR or Mirrorless?

Just now, eassae said:

Great shots! What program do you use for your post processing? DSLR or Mirrorless?

Thank you 🙂

I have a DSLR Canon EOS 750d. I use Adobe Lightroom.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

I use Adobe Lightroom.

A few years ago I started using DxO a little more than Lightroom, but just the other day I noticed that the split tone controls in LR were upgraded to color grading controls like you have in video editing environments, and they seem really cool. 

Edited by eassae

Just now, eassae said:

A few years ago I started using DxO a little more than Lightroom, but just the other day I noticed that the split tone controls in LR were upgraded to color grading controls like you have in video editing environments, and they seem really cool. 

Oh, I don't know anything about DxO. I'm a bit of a software loyalist. Once I've got the hang of one software, I'm slow to adopt any other. But I'll take a look at it. See if I can understand how it differs.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

Oh, I don't know anything about DxO. I'm a bit of a software loyalist. Once I've got the hang of one software, I'm slow to adopt any other. But I'll take a look at it. See if I can understand how it differs.

Lightroom does everything DxO does. The only area where DxO outperforms LR is in noise reduction. I had a few jobs where I had to shoot handheld in low light conditions, and I found the export from DxO a little better in handling noise. Other than that I don't see any reason to change. LR is great, and I find it a bit more user friendly.

Edit: Also the perspective corrections tools used to be better in DxO, but LR has since caught up.

Edited by eassae
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, eassae said:

See if I can understand how it differs.

I forgot, there is one major difference. That is file handling. In DxO you don't need to import the photos into the program like you do in LR. You just navigate to any folder and work on the image. But, it creates a sidecar file for each image like Adobe Raw, where as Lightroom all your processing history is stored in one .lrcat file.

• Like 1