IGNORED

hard video games...

YEK

i know i probably haven't played as many games as most people that post in the video game thread but just post some games that you felt were hard to beat

me 1st:

1001800.jpg

Guest Enter a new display name

box-l.jpg

This game is either too easy (Kid mode) or too hard (Adult mode), so it's hard to tell. It's too bad there's no "Normal mode" so it's hard to tell whether this game is hard or not. Anyway, I beat it in Adult mode once (I think). :sup:

Back to topic: the original Megaman games are super impossible to beat for me!

Guest Sir Winston

Kid Icarus. That game was hard as balls, all fiddly platform jumping and instant death if you fell off the bottom of the screen. Fuck that game.

Music was good though.

Guest disparaissant

any of the arcade versions of any gradius game. or any gradiusesque game by konami. oh good lord. i dont know if i've gotten past level 2 in gradius iii arcade.

I find Trials HD (+ extra levels) impossible in places. One simple example which nearly drove me insane was: I have to wheelie and leap off an edge across a just huge enough gap onto another ledge but the middle of your bike lands on the corner and you don't have the momentum to pull yourself up.

In other games, like F-Zero GX's story mode, I can't be perfect throughout the race, I'll always make a mistake, but with Trials HD i'm always going to fall down that really steep incline no matter how often I try to ride up it. Sometimes, after persisting literally hundreds of times over about 30 minutes I finally manage it, but the times that I don't I wonder if I've got the right bike to actually achieve it, and what the point of the game even is, because other games ask you to excel and be perfect and robotic and elite, but Trials HD might as well put a vertical wall in front of you and ask you to ride over it.

Also the puzzles in ilomilo do my brain in. And Pitfall on the megadrive.

Guest AcrossCanyons

F-Zero GX

One of the hardest games I've ever played. God damn is that story mode a fucking beast. On the hard levels there is absolutely no room for error. Best racing game I've ever played tho.

I know GTA4 doesn't qualify, but if you want to get platinum, you need a lot of unhealthy dedication to gain some nearly impossible multiplayer trophies... After 3 years I thought "hey, let me try and get all gta4 trophies", and I just read what I had to do for it. FML.

Guest Enter a new display name

F-Zero GX

One of the hardest games I've ever played. God damn is that story mode a fucking beast. On the hard levels there is absolutely no room for error. Best racing game I've ever played tho.

I beat all the chapters on Very Hard mode (except two of them) and I won all the Cups on Master difficulty. :sup:

F-Zero GX

I beat all the chapters on Very Hard mode (except two of them) and I won all the Cups on Master difficulty.G8RIi.gif

fixt

Guest AcrossCanyons

F-Zero GX

I beat all the chapters on Very Hard mode (except two of them) and I won all the Cups on Master difficulty. :sup:

I think I only had/have one or two very hard chapters remaining as well. The cups are no problem once you learn how to play with your car/character, but damn those chapters are frustrating.

Archived