IGNORED

Toques

essines

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my first result. They are still toques. Thanks baph! keep it up!

well, this was--no shitting--my first Google image search result

NSFW

In%20Canada%20we%20wear%20TOQUES_jpg.jpg

Is that a problem on my end or is Google customizing my results based on search hist...OH SHI--REDACTED. I thought it was French in origin but it's Arabic. I gotta say Essines, I've been around and I've never even seen this word. Like hautlle, it's a beanie or stocking cap to me. This guy just heard me not only call a toque a stocking cap but give the credit to the French

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QgRVcYdsM

BUT IT:S A FU?CKING TOQUE

Essines, is that a picture of you betoqued in the Montreal Insectarium?

Because I went there once and was totally wearing a toque but I can't find pictures of me wearing a toque there.

All I could find was this and there isn't even a toque in it

53297243893458153407604.jpg

A toque ( /ˈtoʊk/ or /ˈtɒk/) is a type of hat with a narrow brim or no brim at all. They were popular from the 13th to the 16th century in Europe, especially France. Now, it is primarily known as the traditional headgear for professional cooks.

Canadian usage

Main article: tuque

In Canada, toque, or tuque ( /ˈtuːk/), is the common name for a knit winter hat. The Canadian English term was assimilated from Canadian French tuque. Toque first appeared in writing around 1870.[1][2][3]

The fashion is said to have originated with the coureurs de bois, French and Métis fur traders, who kept their woollen nightcaps on for warmth during cold winter days. Such hats are known in other English-speaking countries by a variety of names, including beanie (American), watch cap or stocking cap; the terms tuque and toque are unique to Canada and northern areas of the United States, close to the Canadian border.

Archived