IGNORED

Bola - Aguilla

mcbpete

Soup is one of my all time favourites. Ever. Of all time.

More artists should get involved with their fans like this guy does by talking to them about their music and stuff. It shows enthusiasm and love for it. Too many artists think they're above communication which is ridiculous.

Glad to see Bola getting more recognition here, he's notoriously underrated. Fyuti is my favorite... there isn't anything else like it. I'd say Soup is a close second, with Aguilla being the highlight. His other albums are also all very good, but compared to Soup and Fyuti I think they're lacking some energy (a bit too polished?).

Does anybody know when to expect the next album (Ambrosia)?

Guest ruiagnelo

Does anybody know when to expect the next album (Ambrosia)?

He announced it via his facebook page back in 2009 i guess...

Probably like BoC and Plaid now: highly expected but never coming ahahah

I just asked him on facebook (I'm no contact, but he's good at responding to fans).

He said:

"Ahh..... Well actually Aguilla was recorded in 1994, in fact most of Soup was recorded around 1993-4.... However you are correct in assuming it was a sample, if I remember correctly it was from Spectrasonics "Distorted Reality"

I'm not generally in the habit of using samples from sources other than my own, but seeing as I'd used samples of my friends vocals on it already.....and it fit beautifully

The rest of the track is conventional synthesis ie Minimoog bass / Z1 pads / Ry30 beats / Fender Rhodes piano etc etc"

can't have been "distorted reality"..that wasn't out until '95

Sure, could be possible. The only way to find out is for someone with that sample CD to see if the sample is on there.

• 8 years later...

Archived