IGNORED

James Cameron has turned into a prick

oscillik

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't you mean 'Avatar: The Entire Story-Arc 10 disc box set' ?

okay, all horseshit aside, he could easily pull 12 discs out of his ass for this trilogy (quadrilogy pending.)

okay, all horseshit aside, he could easily pull 12 discs out of his ass for this trilogy (quadrilogy pending.)

i don't doubt you for one second. although, you misspoke when you referred to it as a trilogy.

he's making two movies back to back, but the he's is going to make more of them. hence, not a trilogy.

the "more of them" is supposedly offshoots from the main franchise, ergo of course those films wouldn't be considered canon to the trilogy.

but the films he is working on are most definitely a trilogy. oops, sorry James, a "story arc"

That, or a stand-alone movie, the one already released, and a two-part story covering two full-length movies.

is that how you view The Matrix, The Matrix: Reloaded, and The Matrix: Revolutions too?

No. The matrix had all the three main characters in every movie. In the avatrilogy, this might not be the case. How the fuk should I know? And you for that matter? And why am I even seriously trying to defend Cameron here?

Perhaps because the entire argument is obnoxious and premature?

edit: i mean all the main characters in the three movies.

No. The matrix had all the three main characters in every movie. In the avatrilogy, this might not be the case. How the fuk should I know? And you for that matter? And why am I even seriously trying to defense Cameron here?

Perhaps because the entire argument is obnoxious and premature?

edit: i mean all the main characters in the three movies.

a trilogy doesn't have to have the same characters in it.

source

edit:

plus i'm opting for

A trilogy is a set of three works of art that are connected, and that can be seen either as a single work or as three individual works. They are most commonly found in literature, film, or video games, less commonly in visual art or musical works.

Most trilogies are works of fiction involving the same characters or setting, such as The Deptford Trilogy of novels by Robertson Davies or The Godfather films of Francis Ford Coppola. Others are connected only by theme: for example, each film of Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy explores one of the political ideals of the French Republic (liberty, equality, fraternity) and each novel in Paul Auster's The New York Trilogy uses formats from detective fiction to explore existential questions. Trilogies can also be connected in less obvious ways, such as "The Nova Trilogy" of novels by William S. Burroughs, each written using Brion Gysin's cut-up technique.

Occasionally, the term is applied to music, such as the Berlin Trilogy of David Bowie, linked together by their musical sound and lyrical themes, and the fact that part of them was recorded in Berlin, Germany.

Trilogies — and series in general — are common in science fiction and fantasy because of the artistic importance of complex ideas and the commercial importance of brand names.

A trilogy is different from a triptych, which is three related or connected paintings that are created at one time and designed to be viewed only as a single work.

The next two are created at the same time and designed...etc

source

any dictionary worth it's salt.

"a set of three literary or dramatic works related in subject or theme"

an immediate example of a trilogy that doesn't have the same characters in it is the following three films:

Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance

Oldboy

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance

all of which are a trilogy of films that deal with the singular concept of vengeance.

source

edit:

plus i'm opting for

A trilogy is a set of three works of art that are connected, and that can be seen either as a single work or as three individual works. They are most commonly found in literature, film, or video games, less commonly in visual art or musical works.

Most trilogies are works of fiction involving the same characters or setting, such as The Deptford Trilogy of novels by Robertson Davies or The Godfather films of Francis Ford Coppola. Others are connected only by theme: for example, each film of Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy explores one of the political ideals of the French Republic (liberty, equality, fraternity) and each novel in Paul Auster's The New York Trilogy uses formats from detective fiction to explore existential questions. Trilogies can also be connected in less obvious ways, such as "The Nova Trilogy" of novels by William S. Burroughs, each written using Brion Gysin's cut-up technique.

Occasionally, the term is applied to music, such as the Berlin Trilogy of David Bowie, linked together by their musical sound and lyrical themes, and the fact that part of them was recorded in Berlin, Germany.

Trilogies — and series in general — are common in science fiction and fantasy because of the artistic importance of complex ideas and the commercial importance of brand names.

A trilogy is different from a triptych, which is three related or connected paintings that are created at one time and designed to be viewed only as a single work.

The next two are created at the same time and designed...etc

hang on, so in argument of my statement, you quote a source that backs up my statement and refutes yours?

see above...

still options to get away from a trilogy :whistling:

see above.

edit, since i'm guessing i'm going to have to point out the parts that back up my statement, i'll do that right now:

"A trilogy is a set of three works of art that are connected"

"Most trilogies are works of fiction involving the same characters or setting"

"Others are connected only by theme"

:rolleyes:

and that same source backs my statement as well!!!!

brilliant! looks like we've reached a stale mate, mate.

no it doesn't back up your statement, which was that trilogies must have the same characters in them.

no it doesn't back up your statement, which was that trilogies must have the same characters in them.

i've had a number of statements. you're living in the past. my final statement was referring to the bold part in that quote you loved so much that you think it helps to explain it AGAIN. get some speed, oldie.

ergo: stalemate

i've had a number of statements. you're living in the past. my final statement was referring to the bold part in that quote you loved so much that you think it helps to explain it AGAIN. get some speed, oldie.

the bold part refers to paintings. not films. the only kind of person that would use the word triptych to refer to a trilogy of films is the kind of person that thinks their work is above being referred to as a 'simple and common' trilogy. the kind of person that James Cameron is.

ergo: Cameron apologist

i don't doubt you for one second. although, you misspoke when you referred to it as a trilogy.

lol just you wait guys. this isn't being called a trilogy because he hasn't unleashed the MMORPG, young adult fiction library, HBO series or board game yet.

just you wait.

also, the "duotych and one movie" statement is congruent with earlier statement.

I DESERVE MY STALEMATE (not an aliens quote)

Back To The Future Part II and Part III were made at the same time, yet they are part of the Back To The Future Trilogy.

the bold part refers to paintings. not films. the only kind of person that would use the word triptych to refer to a trilogy of films is the kind of person that thinks their work is above being referred to as a 'simple and common' trilogy. the kind of person that James Cameron is.

lol

well played. but creative freedom enquires the freedom to apply concepts from other fields to also apply to your own field.

ergo: Cameron is painting the final two avatarts as a duotych painting in the form of two movies

lol

well played. but creative freedom enquires the freedom to apply concepts from other fields to also apply to your own field.

ergo: Cameron is painting the final two avatarts as a duotych painting in the form of two movies

i don't believe that any director has ever had the audacity or delusion of grandeur to refer to their trilogy of films as a triptych.

so in that respect, James Cameron is treading new ground. ground i'm sure many other self-aggrandising directors will follow.

also, the "duotych and one movie" statement is congruent with earlier statement.

I DESERVE MY STALEMATE (not an aliens quote)

Back To The Future Part II and Part III were made at the same time, yet they are part of the Back To The Future Trilogy.

those are clearly not a duotych, as the concepts differ too much. ....that western theme still gives me nightmares

Archived