IGNORED

James Cameron has turned into a prick

oscillik

also, the "duotych and one movie" statement is congruent with earlier statement.

I DESERVE MY STALEMATE (not an aliens quote)

Back To The Future Part II and Part III were made at the same time, yet they are part of the Back To The Future Trilogy.

those are clearly not a duotych, as the concepts differ too much. ....that western theme still gives me nightmares

by your definition, they are actually a 'duotych'. two pieces created at the same time and designed to be viewed as a single piece of work. this is evidenced by the completely literal cliffhanger ending of Part II which is immediately followed by teaser footage of Part III

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes:

and that same source backs my statement as well!!!!

brilliant! looks like we've reached a stale mate, mate.

no it doesn't back up your statement, which was that trilogies must have the same characters in them.

i've had a number of statements. you're living in the past. my final statement was referring to the bold part in that quote you loved so much that you think it helps to explain it AGAIN. get some speed, oldie.

ergo: stalemate

the bold part refers to paintings. not films. the only kind of person that would use the word triptych to refer to a trilogy of films is the kind of person that thinks their work is above being referred to as a 'simple and common' trilogy. the kind of person that James Cameron is.

ergo: Cameron apologist

lol

well played. but creative freedom enquires the freedom to apply concepts from other fields to also apply to your own field.

ergo: Cameron is painting the final two avatarts as a duotych painting in the form of two movies

i don't believe that any director has ever had the audacity or delusion of grandeur to refer to their trilogy of films as a triptych.

so in that respect, James Cameron is treading new ground. ground i'm sure many other self-aggrandising directors will follow.

I can live with that. He's a prick, but he's not making a trilogy per se.

This was the stalemate I was looking for. Thanks.

On a sidenote: did WATMM went to a grinding halt as much for you as it did for me? i almost thought we crashed the server.

On a sidenote: did WATMM went to a grinding halt as much for you as it did for me? i almost thought we crashed the server.

nope, WATMM working just fine. this thread is just as valid as any other vapid and inconsequential thread that boils down to someone taking a dislike to something someone said or did. just so happens that it is popular to hate on certain watmmers, and i happen to be one of those watmmers.

also, he is making a trilogy per se, so no stalemate :emotawesomepm9:

nope, WATMM working just fine. this thread is just as valid as any other vapid and inconsequential thread that boils down to someone taking a dislike to something someone said or did. just so happens that it is popular to hate on certain watmmers, and i happen to be one of those watmmers.

I don't care two bits if Cameron is a prick or not or if the blue-skinned version of Pocahontas (or poke-her-hot-ass, amirite?) is a trilogy.

but really - persecution complex much?

by your definition, they are actually a 'duotych'. two pieces created at the same time and designed to be viewed as a single piece of work. this is evidenced by the completely literal cliffhanger ending of Part II which is immediately followed by teaser footage of Part III

great, so it shouldn't be called a trilogy in the first place. by my definition.

i've got a remote feeling you're not giving up on this one. a very remote feeling....

how about this: i'll say you are right, although i won't mean it and still feel morally superior and all (like watmm-rules tells me to), and you'll do the same.

(secret stalemate)

I don't care two bits if Cameron is a prick or not or if the blue-skinned version of Pocahontas (or poke-her-hot-ass, amirite?) is a trilogy.

are you denying it? and by 'it' i mean the culture of hating on certain individuals on watmm because it is seen as popular to do so.

great, so it shouldn't be called a trilogy in the first place. by my definition.

i've got a remote feeling you're not giving up on this one. a very remote feeling....

how about this: i'll say you are right, although i won't mean it and still feel morally superior and all (like watmm-rules tells me to), and you'll do the same.

(secret stalemate)

yeah i can go for that, this is WATMM, after all

This is well grim.

it's grim up north, ey lad.

are you denying it?

(secret stalemate)

yeah i can go for that, this is WATMM, after all

This is well grim.

it's grim up north, ey lad.

Yes it is mate

are you denying it? and by 'it' i mean the culture of hating on certain individuals on watmm because it is seen as popular to do so.

Are you fucking kidding me? As a moderator (not even an admin) you should see the torrent of vitriolic shit that people have directed my way. But who the fuck cares - that's life.

Look - I'm a right bastard a lot of the time - and I know it. You have been an utter cunt at times, and I would say that during those times you can expect people who feel slighted by your cuntiness to launch attacks back at you. Some people are petty and can't let shit go - but my advice to you, in order that posting here on WATMM is to treat that like a duck's back does water. Just ignore it, and it will go away.

Are you fucking kidding me? As a moderator (not even an admin) you should see the torrent of vitriolic shit that people have directed my way. But who the fuck cares - that's life.

Look - I'm a right bastard a lot of the time - and I know it. You have been an utter cunt at times, and I would say that during those times you can expect people who feel slighted by your cuntiness to launch attacks back at you. Some people are petty and can't let shit go - but my advice to you, in order that posting here on WATMM is to treat that like a duck's back does water. Just ignore it, and it will go away.

i know i'm a cunt, i'm the first to admit that i'm a cunt.

and you do have an extremely valid point. well two. that i am a cunt, but more pertinently, that i should not let petty stuff get to me.

thanks for the reminder :beer:

hey hey

wait a sec. i agree on a lot of levels here, but when people say they know they're a cunt, they'll mostly use it as an excuse to act like one. this is NOT GOOD.

chenGOD, tell him.

The thing is - oscillik knows he's a cunt, and he knows that I know this because we've had this discussion before. Otherwise I wouldn't call him a cunt. However, I do feel that he has made an effort to tone down his cuntishness toward WATMM members.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program of "being a cunt toward James Cameron".

kermitnod.gif

For some reason that gif makes me feel very serene - meditative...like everything is allllright

even if James Cameron is a prick

I actually have no problem with James Cameron. I asked him for $50,000 and he just forked it over without hesitation. He must have thought I was one of his illegitimate children.

james cameron wouldn't know his asshole from his forehead if it bit him in the face

That would probably be a disorienting experience for most of us.

The difference between the inconsequential shit being discussed in this thread as compared to other inconsequential shit threads is that this one is very mindnumbing and has very little, if any entertainment value. Bravo.

Archived