IGNORED

film screengrabs and quotes

oscillik

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't like the big lebowski at all

how many times have you seen it? only reason i ask is because when i saw it the first time, i couldn't stand it...didn't get it at all.

i watched it a second time, a good few months afterwards and it all clicked into place.

how many times have you seen it? only reason i ask is because when i saw it the first time, i couldn't stand it...didn't get it at all.

i watched it a second time, a good few months afterwards and it all clicked into place.

There are things I like about the Big Lebowski in the abstract, but when it comes down to it, the film just has too much yelling in it. Even the Dude who is supposed to be mellow is often yelling at people. The film feels like it should have a generous, stoner spirit but somehow it ended up shrill and for me, kind of unpleasant. I like certain scenes a lot, but not the entirety. Feel that way about most Coen Bros films, actually.

There are things I like about the Big Lebowski in the abstract, but when it comes down to it, the film just has too much yelling in it. Even the Dude who is supposed to be mellow is often yelling at people. The film feels like it should have a generous, stoner spirit but somehow it ended up shrill and for me, kind of unpleasant. I like certain scenes a lot, but not the entirety. Feel that way about most Coen Bros films, actually.

nicely succinct and to-the-point response, thanks :beer:

superman3.JPG

Both Keys.... at the same time????

wrong scene. you need that picture with him wearing that massive hat. lol it's funny.

also, while we're doing superman...

kneel.jpg

"kneel before Zod"

superman3.JPG

wrong scene. you need that picture with him wearing that massive hat. lol it's funny.

kneel.jpg

"kneel before Zod"

Yeah I know, trying to google image search pictures from favourite childhood movies scenes whilst at work... you'll just have to bare with me and I might update it later when i find the right one :tongue:

*double edit*

Just crashed my work PC trying to find photos of richard pryor in *that* hat. :duckhunt:

hqdefault.jpg

"I know who you are, and you are nothing. You think you are fucking something, but you are fucking nothing.

You are empty you are a zero you are a black hooole! and I'm gonna fuck you so bad you're gonna be cumminouttayourearsff!

lebowski-opinion.jpg

lebowski-opinion.jpg

superman3.JPG

kneel.jpg

"kneel before Zod"

Yeah I know, trying to google image search pictures from favourite childhood movies scenes whilst at work... you'll just have to bare with me and I might update it later when i find the right one :tongue:

*double edit*

Just crashed my work PC trying to find photos of richard pryor in *that* hat. :duckhunt:

180px-GusGorman.jpg

:cisfor:

Archived