IGNORED

DJ Sprinkles (Terre Thaemlitz) - Midtown 120 Blues

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

ok. the album is 2 years old. but whatever.

this is just about the nicest album there is. i have completely fallen in love with it recently.

it's the only release i have by Terre Thaemlitz. was wondering, if any of you peeps could recommend other things to listen to. anything with the same amount of hypnotic lushness as this groovy release would be greatly appreciated!!!!^_^

[youtubehd]oiXS-snOA6I[/youtubehd]

Guest Hertha Thiele

it's the only release i have by Terre Thaemlitz. was wondering, if any of you peeps could recommend other things to listen to. anything with the same amount of hypnotic lushness as this groovy release would be greatly appreciated!!!!^_^

Check "Routes Not Roots" by K-S.H.E. There was a reissue last year. For the ambient stuff, check Soil & Tranquilizer (under Terre Thaemlitz name).

Still nothing tops Midtown 120 blues imo.

• 1 year later...

Massively influential record by a massively influential artist, and I was fortunate enough to order my copy direct from Terre the first time around. Absolutely untouchable stuff.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

the samples for this caught my ear on the boomkat mailout, and it's now in my wishlist.

His early ambient music and other DJ Sprinkle tracks are great, but what got me hooked were his later works. Lovebomb is great, though it is a bit more experimental than his other stuff.

He has also written some pretty great essays, which are worth checking out on his website.

Archived